More Newbies Headed To Y&R?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is getting so bizarre. Everytime we turn around there are rumors of vets being let go. They are dumping Eric Braedan and seem to be pushing MTS out and yet they are interested in hiring these former primetime stars who are all in their 60s or older. Why? Do they think this is what soap viewers want to see? To populate the show with newbies, characters under 30, and the only older characters being played by old primetime stars? Do they have any understanding of what makes daytime viewers watch and remain loyal?

How does this make any sense budget wise or story wise?

• Members

I agree!!! I love WD and would much rather watch him read the effing phone book than EB mumble his lines. What I don't understand is all of the stunt casting they seem to be doing now. Do they think people will tune in just to see these "big" name actors come onto a soap?

• Members

Adrienne Frantz or Daniel Goddard right?

Damn, this show is pathetic. The phasing out of Eric Braeden should have been way more gradual than this, as it was with the Brooks/Fosters.

Maria, someone who boasts and brags so much about her vision and about her (NOVICE) background, should be ashamed of herself.

Archived