Uncasting news Y&R actor let go!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think B&B has any interest in bringing Deacon back, but if they did, I don't think he's done anything which that show has not already done. Didn't Ridge have sex with Brooke when he knew she was doped up on pills? Stephanie was a big reason why Brooke was raped. Taylor fed Ridge pain pills so she could have sex with him, didn't she? And Ridge once had sex with Caroline knowing that she assumed he was his brother.

That show is all about ambiguous pseudo-rape stories. It's just that they don't work on Y&R.

• Members

And they do on B&B? People tolerated them on B&B for reasons unknown, one of them probably being the sad acceptance of the fact that Bradley Bell isn't going to quit. It was: Let's find some good in all this. Let's not concentrate on that horror. Or something like that.

• Members

People tolerate a lot of stuff on B&B. It's been a cheap show for years now.

If Deacon went on there and started having "she said no but she meant yes" stories, I'd be appalled, even though that's typical B&B, because that would mean they're just bringing him back for the same crap he just had on Y&R. If he goes on there and has the types of stories he used to have, fairly interesting relationships with characters like Brooke, Whip, and Jackie, then I think people could forget his Y&R run. I always felt like a lot of the Brooke/Deacon story was unfinished anyway.

If they do ever bring him back (which I doubt), I hope they will ease up on the fake tan and get him some better hair loss hiding stuff.

• Members

SK was fine it was the story. Amber and Daniel being central to it, people don't care enough. Let amber go, it really isn't hard. I kinda like something about the actress but it isn't her acting as Amber. For everybody who is being let go I have news for TPTB, the character is not a long term character. What-ever idea or draw they think Amber have they certainly can create anopther who is better. The problem with the story was I did not care about anyone in it, I will bet on this I speak for enough people

• Members

I liked Kanan, not his story.

I don't think he's "let go" (if this is true)...I think he has come to the end of what was always intended as a short-stay storyline.

Now he has to pray Brad takes him back and rehabilitates that character.

B&B doesn't need any more Y&R rejects, but I'm transfixed by the idea of B&B getting Victor, Nikki and Dru. But that's just me, slow to give up hope.

• Members

Actually, they've got lots of outside agitators right now...Bill, Jowen, soon Sarah Brown.

The canvas is too crammed full. It is time to expand to an hour. (Not that I really want that, and not that it will happen...demos in the US are too sh!tty).

• Members

That would mean that they'd have to mature Amber, Daniel, Kevin and Jana. Lawd knows they want them acting like teens that never learn from their mistakes. That being said, I never cared for the Deacon character but Kanan is a great actor and it was great to see someone giving him a chance to come back.

• Members

The Terroni story itself started off horrendous. But in the last few weeks I came to like it: Deacon's escapades with Glo, Amber dressing up as Glo, shades behind Deacon's return with the mystery woman/Ryder's mom going after Little D/Eric Forrester III... There was lots of promise and I really started to get invested. So I still hope Kanan is Genoa City-bound for now. He was way more charisma than other actors driving story on Y&R these days... *cough* Michael Muhney *cough*

• Members

Exactly! When one character ends up on another show, playing the same character, you know they're never gonna be written to spec. Generally, you have to look at them as being two different character versions, especially when Y&R's Deacon is a horrible mess.

But you can if you allow yourself too. That's the beauty of soaps - they can eradicate any bad period from a characters memory, and as long as you're willing to go with it, then it shouldn't be problem. *If* Deacon returned to B&B and they forgot all about his Y&R stint, wouldn't you be happy that: 1) the character got a reboot, and, 2) you wouldn't have to be reminded of the crap that was Y&R? Somethings are a necessary evil.

It was only ever a guest stint, like you say.

I can't really see how Deacon has a place on B&B, seeing as he didn't before, and nothing has changed during that time. They paired Jackie with Owen, and brought on Whip, rendering Deacon a spare part, which is why Brad Bell sent him over to Y&R. His original intention was to revisit Deacon & Jackie, but SK's personal life got in the way, and in came Owen. Of course they can still use Deacon to meddle in Ridge & Brooke's lives, and even cause tension for Owen & Jackie, but all of this would leave Whip on the outer. The bottom line is: the canvas is too full, and Brad has shown he can't really handle a fuller cast.

Archived