Uncasting news Y&R actor let go!

• Members

So I just saw an article on another site saying that SK has not been fired. He's quoted as saying TPTB consider his run successful and that he'll be brought back for a bigger story:

"[The Young and the Restless] scripted a short-term storyline for me with a beginning, middle and end to test the waters and gauge viewer reaction to Deacon," Kanan told TVGuide Canada in an exclusive interview. "[Y&R executive producer] Paul Rauch assures me that I'm still on the show because my entry into Genoa City has been very successful from all angles. Deacon may be off for a while until the writers have time to pen me a bigger storyline."

I'm happy for the guy. the interview makes it sound like he's been through some hard times and is happy to have a job.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

At this rate I won't believe anything until it plays out onscreen and it comes directly from the show. It could be true or not true or people are being sent on wild goose chases. Where is moila with her next round of infamous spoilers...I am waiting for the one that says "my source has been caught and has been fired" :lol: so therefore I will have to watch the show like everyone else. :lol:

• Members

Well of course they all do, how else can they get us to watch. Pretty clever! :lol: They also have true spoilers and when they do play out, one has nothing to say but HUH?!!! :lol: I say everyone all needs to place their bets for Feb sweeps to see what comes about...not Feb sweeps..then May, perhaps earlier...it could be a smokescreen for other characters - who the heck knows. I just wonder sometimes how does anyone really enjoy the shows anymore - it's bad enough they are not well written but stuff like this just annoys me.

• Members

They might. Also sometimes plans change, so maybe they plan to bring him back now and then decide not to. At the same time it won't surprise me if they do bring him back. It was implied that Ryder's mother was blackmailing Deacon with Little D's safety (or maybe coercing is the better word). Now that Amber is marrying Daniel in a couple of weeks it won't surprise me if Deacon goes to Amber for help with saving little D from her soon after.

Archived