AMC: Tuesday, October 20, 2009

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And there's a David/Zach slash avatar. Too funny! :lol:

She's been better lately, but she usually annoys me. I wouldn't say she's pointless, because she has been on for quite some time now, but they need to NOT put her with Tad or I just flat out won't care about her at all.

• Members

I was enjoying her latest scenes with Tad. She was a factor in the David/Amanda/Jake story but semed to disappear and hasnt been on in over a week. Angie is supposed to be her best friend yet Krystal has played absolutely no role in all the drama thats been going on with her. Her absense seems odd

• Members

I think Bobbie has been given some time off to do this Daytime Divas tour (although it seems as though Kassia is on OLTL all the time lately...) --- and also I think they've had to tweak the Krystal/Tad/Taylor stuff a bit now that Beth is leaving (which is why we're not seeing Tad either --- and he's played no role in the Jesse/Hubbard storyline and he's his best friend, etc etc). Just my guess...

As to the rest of the show - can't wait for next week - bc right now - 'EFFIE I'M TIRED!'.

• Members

It's funny! I watched this episode live and ABC used Krystal in the half hour bumper, and I was thinking "Wow! It's been a quite a few episodes since we've seen her... and I didn't even realize it until now."

I agree. Bobbie Eakes is great and I think fits in with AMC's cast perfectly. I never got the sense of "Ugh! Here comes another CBS/Bell Soap actor." But Krystal is an absolutely pointless character, no matter how hard all three regimes tried to get her connected to prominent characters on the canvas. They took what little was actually entertaining about the character (the animal print, midriff wearing, blow job giving, slutty, trailer trash mama) and completely removed all of that and watered her down to some fake goody two shoes. Once the baby switch was over, Krystal really wasn't needed. That was the only thing she was instrumental in that had a changing and lasting impact on the history of the show. Other than that, all she's done is marry man after man, cheat on them and divorce them. Nothing new in the fabric of Pine Valley.

Wow! This episode must be charmed! I've agreed with both you AND Jonathan in a single thread!! ;)

Watching Carol Burnett Mabe McGrimace, I was thinking, "what another pointless character." She's not even window dressing -- she's just a bland, 60 thread count bed sheet you place over a bare window until you can afford some draperies from the Martha Stewart collection.

I also agree that Natalia would be great with JR. But pre-cancer version. Giving JR cancer was premature. It took away the element I think that would've made Natalia and JR click. Two stubborn and strong willed personalities. An entitled, spoiled rich boy and a tough chick who wouldn't put up with his crap. There would be some fire in the characters' interaction. Now that JR's got cancer, he's all contrite and being written as this valiant, brave, noble man fighting to stay alive for his son... with Saint Mabe grimacing upon him.

Lame. :rolleyes:

:lol:

• Members

I'm going to counter-agree and say that Krystal and Babe's introduction sort of reminded me of Opal and Jenny's introduction way way back. Although I'd still much rather prefer Opal and Jenny, I think Krystal and Babe brought some humor, new energy, and some diversity. But, like I pointed out in another thread, every new character who comes on the canvas as lower-class, ends up becoming instantaneously rich and, like you said they become goody two shows and martyrs.

Archived