DAYS: Louise Sorel interview w/TV Guide

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Great interview! Love Louise and can't wait to see her back on my tv screen.

I was surprised to see so much Reilly talk, but of course I didn't mind. :)

Yeah, that role on Passions made no sense. I wonder why they cast her in such a day-player role. Louise would've fit perfectly on the show.

Damn that Tom Langan!!

I'm glad Reilly decided to keep Vivian around and made her popular.

Word to this. Reilly-1 was so awesome. He made almost everything word back then.

• Members

Word to this. Reilly-1 was so awesome. He made almost everything word back then.

Yes he did. This is an example where a writer is allowed to write his vision. An example of how he was given TIME to set things up. And it paid off. Now soaps change storylines every 6 months. Once JER set up all the storylines, it was non stop action up until his very last day.

• Members

It's shocking that she would do this, especially considering the Augusta Lockridge killing the pigeon thing that she fought Bridget and Jerry Dobson over.

It was that way with DAYS Run #1, where there was a little bit of accountability in the form of Tom Langan and Corday and MAYBE the network. Flying Solo, Reilly clearly exercised his right to develop a freak show.

Reilly run #1 without that accountability would have ended NBC Daytime in 1995.

AND wait...

Louise Sorel and Paul Rauch "dated"? YUCK! I didn't think she was his type(blonde, big boobs, blue eyes).

• Members

They dated when Rauch was at OLTL, after she was cast as Judith Sanders. Supposedly that's the reason Judith got such an abrupt exit from the show, because the relationship ended and he didn't want her on the show anymore.

• Members

Toups might have the actual quote or source, but I thought Reilly was given free reign after the success of Maison Blanche which was early to mid-1994.

I think the reason his early stories (Who killed Curtis Reid, Alan/Sami rape, Buried Alive, Maison Blanche, Kates introduction, Laura Horton returns, Kristin & Peter etc.) were so good was because he hadn't forgotten what he had learnt at GL yet and initially he had Sheri Anderson holding his hand.

Anyway, can't wait to see Aunt Viv on screen, she even transcends the crappy previews they make for this show.

Archived