Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 5, 2009

• Members

It's a Billy party just about every time he's onscreen. Poor Billy, what a burden he faces, he's so misunderstood, and so on.

I really wish they wouldn't bring Hope up. They didn't bring her up when Adam was going around terrorizing people, to suddenly have some unknown woman do a voiceover of Hope when they want us to pity Adam (right before he commits some other crime, I'm sure), it seems cheap to me.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Muhney's scene at the end was very good, almost haunting in a way. The way he walked up the stairs, falling to his knees, and seeing the tears running down his face was really good. You can almost feel what he was feeling, that he knew he had become a monster. He'd become someone that his mother would be absolutely mortified at and he knew it. Great job from MM. I don't even think CE could've pulled this off.

• Members

I think he stole actual ashes. The urn said "Baby Doe" on it. That implies, to me, that the mortician was storing actual ashes in the glass case in his office.

I agree here. Muhney summoned real emotion. We saw Engen try to cry once...and it was abominable, fake, and dry-eyed. Lastly, Adam's recognition of his evil was carefully constructed to prove to us that he is not a sociopath. Sociopaths don't feel remorse. Thus, this is our signal that there is something decent inside that can still be rescued, and that can make amends.

• Members

Likely. But I can't stop hoping.

Well, scratch that. I've actually pretty much given up hoping where the Fishwins and Scoobies are involved. At this point, I'm ready for them all to -- err -- jump in a lake. (But Lauren can live. Sadly, her Darren Stephens husband probably shouldn't).

• Members

I've given up hope that the writers are going to give us ANYTHING regarding Adam's motivations. In order for me to give two shits about him, I need to see that and his remorse over what he's done. Showing him every couple of months saying "What have I become?!?!?" and then turning around the next scene doing something dasterdly is not letting us see his remorse or struggle against his inner demons. We should have definitely seen some remorse after he burned Ashley's fetus. But did we? Nope.

So why is Adam so [!@#$%^&*] crazy all of a sudden? Because Victor prosecuted him for forging the diary? Because Victor wasn't "there for him" in his formative years? Because Victor had him blacklisted and he couldn't find a job after getting booted from Newman? Because he ain't getting any poon-tang? Because his hands have too many callouses from beatin off all day? WHAT????

That's my main beef with Adam. This story could have been so much better had we known what's going on in his sick little mind.

• Members

OMG!!!! Today's show is a MUST SEE!!!!! I'm still crying from it. And the end was the BEST, what a beautiful song to play over the balloon release, and I am STUNNED and so pleasantly surprsied that they had BETH SING IT!!!! It's the best Friday ending ALL YEAR. Kudos to Braeden for his Seizure performance. It CREEPED ME OUT, the man is good, there's just no getting around it. Luckinbill and Heinle, the Captain and Tennille of Y&R (Although BOTH have the screen presence of Daryl Dragon) provided the only low points today. I LOVED Jack mentioning the flowers from Dina... and his comment... "Typical!" and they even mentioned that one arrangement was from Mamie. Great nods to history today, and Beth was heartbreaking as usual, I'm astounded more and more with her masterful and realistic perfromances. Her and Steve breaking down when Daniel presented them with the drawing was heart wrenching for me. What a nice gesture.

Archived