AMC; Actress OUT?

• Members

Well placed sources are saying Beth Ehlers (Taylor) won't still be a cast member at All My Children once the soap jumps coasts this Winter.

"Beth is out, but JR Martinez is staying," says one mole. "The show is going ahead with the Brot/Natalia pairing, so JR and Shannon [Kane] are both expected to be relocated."

What about the planned "big romance" for Tad (Michael E. Knight) and Taylor? You ask. According to setsiders, AMC is scrapping that storyline and plans to put Tad back with Krystal (Bobbie Eakes).

This past June, Ehlers gave an explosive interview to Stardish Radio criticizing both Martinez and AMC head writer Chuck Pratt. Keep checking back to Daytime Confidential as this story develops.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting. I heard from someone just yesterday (that I would consider pretty reliable) that Brot's exit is a done deal and is already set in the scripts. We shall see what happens - but you'd think that this show would cut its losses immediately before announcing the move to LA, or immediately thereafter, than have actors start making plans for possible relocation six weeks after announcing it and THEN firing them (see Turner, Aidan)

If Beth goes, I think she got a bum deal. They really dropped the ball on what coul've been an interesting character.

• Members

Tad/Krystal are anti-chemistry, and the way he treated her near the end of their marriage was awful. Honestly as much as I like Bobbie Eakes I see no reason for Krystal to still be on the show.

I guess JR Martinez can give Beth Ehlers a big edition of Shakespeare's finest works as her going away gift.

• Members

Hmmm. This is so weird. I was so sure Beth Ehlers would be one of the more elite characters now that a lot of people are leaving. I was kind of digging Tad and Taylor, so it's weird they keep putting the kibosh on her character's entanglements. But I guess if you're not gonna write for her, let her go.

That said, the LAST thing I would EVER want again is Tad and Krystal. I prefer Tad with Liza and Krystal with David or even Adam...but preferably death.

• Members

If true, I'm sorry that AMC has not held on to Beth and given her a chance at another romance. I can't believe that AMC is keeping JR Martinez much less putting the wonderful Natalia with Brot. What a mistake. Natalia should be the center piece of AMC along with Kendall, not stuck with a peripheral character like Brot. AMC should get rid of Marissa and put Natalia with JR.

The way AMC is treating Natalia reminds me of how they wasted Amanda for years, throwing her at unimportant male characters even though she is a legacy character. Now the 3 years have passed and AMC is begging Christell to keep resigning because they finally appreciate Amanda. ABC will never learn.

• Members

I'm sure some stalwart Another World fan could list what current professions the former AW stars are holding. Real estate, contractors, small-town theater, etc. This is the future for many soon-to-be former soap stars. Sadly, many of them deserve a shot at *Hollywood* (using that word instantly makes me think of Brenda Dickson, lol) but that's life... While some talented actors remain out of work, other morons are lucky enough to be cast as Sydney's long-lost daughter on the new Melrose Place... ;)

Archived