Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Actually Hurst will be interesting...she is one of GA's fave writers and she posts on the GL Facebook page and is pretty honest while still being thankfull for her opportunities with GL.  Though if it was just her and Kreizman and Alan we would get an hour of how wonderful the Coopers were to write for, etc, etc.

I would love to hear from Taggert how she was going to end Alex's run ( I heard Gus was going to be Rita's kid, and that Alex and AM would take on Alan and Phillip.) before Weston took over and had her drugging Alan and eventually being a drug lord of SF.

• Members

I’m 99% positive Gus was Selena’s other long-list kid with Miguel Santos, to set up

rivals Gus and Danny as half-brothers. 

The rewrite with scaredy-cat Selena leaving town with her tail tucked between her legs after a few threats from Maria Santos was out of character. And then Selena admitted she’d known the whereabouts of Miguel Jr all along. 

Gus as a Spaulding did nothing for me.  The day player nun for a mother did nothing for me. 

And isn’t it urban legend that Rita left Springfield pregnant?  Wishful thinking?  I don’t recall her sleeping with Alan that close to her departure. A pregnancy would’ve been a rewrite also. 

• Members

To be honest I wonder if anyone else even wants to host. Before he started doing this there had been little to no community involving the P&G soaps for a while beyond people talking on Twitter or Facebook.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Aside from Taggart and Simon, I am curious to see what James Harmon Brown has to say. There was an interesting situation with him on Facebook a few years ago. There was a fun thread on one of the groups about the best soap murder mysteries. Lots of ideas came up: Diana Taylor on GH, Eliot Dorn on EON, Diane Ballard and Joe Bradley on GL. Then this one guy chimed in about the Loving murders. He touted about what a great story it was but never divulged that he was Jim Brown, one of the scribes behind the story. A few of us had gone to his FB page and saw who he was. It was amusing to us that he was anonymously raving about his own work.

• Members

That’s embarrassing, but not surprising...

Brown and Esensten were also breakdown writers on Nancy Curlee’s team, so they did at least have some history with GL prior to 1997. However, they’ve always struck me as writers who should be staff writers and never HW’s...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Good lord young Vincent Irizzary looks like a Greek statue come to life.

During Billy and Vanessa's party they're playing orchestral versions of "Yesterday" and "Just The Way You Are", they sound so pretty.

I had no idea that there was a Lewis...sister?! Did she ever show up in the last decade? I only started watching in '99 and do not remember her.