Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Beverlee McKinsey definitely deserved a lifetime achieve award during her lifetime since the Emmy voters  did not reward her talent on AW or GL. However, it's my understanding that lifetime Emmys are not given posthumously to performers who have died before the list of honourees is announced. I could be wrong and I'm not sure who would know the answer to that question. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is the list I have for Lifetime Achievement Awards

Edited by jcar03

• Members

Tony Reardon was all kinds of "hot" no kinda about it! They wrote him as the perfect working class guy, tough, but loved his Mom and his little sister (but had her number) was nice but no push over. I always thought Frank Cooper was a very water down and boring copy of Tony Reardon.  While Harley started out as a take on Nola, Ehlers had the talent and charisma to go her own way, not poor Frankie D, who actually is a the luckiest guy to work on soaps. They just..kept him around.

• Members

Which reminds me...remember when Taylor filled in as Quinton, and he and Brown had more chemistry then she and Tylo had this time around. They should have brought Taylor on as a totally new character and left Quint off camera at one of his digs. A new police chief...(save Springfield from that moron Frank Cooper...) and Nola gets nosing around in the latest crimes...

• Members

I do think Greg Beecroft was more charismatic than Frank, but I found Tony to be exhausting and sanctimonious in most of the Marland episodes I've seen. Generally I didn't mind Frank, and I thought he had some real chemistry with Sherry's Blake and Melina's Eleni.

• Members

I liked Frank, thought FD was a solid performer, and he had a real-guy sex appeal. He also had good brother/son chemistry with Harley and Nadine. Did I expect him to stick around GL for 22 years? But he never was a blight on the show like his on-screen father became. (I liked Buzz initially.) I never really ever felt like FD was out of his depth with the show’s more obviously accomplished actors. 

• Members

Early Frank had a chip on his shoulder as surrogate father/big brother to Harley.  Up to 1993, that element made his character workable.

Buzz coming on actually made Frank's character redundant.  After the Eleni/Julie/Frank story ended in mid 1994...Frank had no story or presence