Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 14

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't even notice the thread was missing :). Between SON being down and other stuff, a few of us posted in last week's thread. Maybe it is time to go down to a monthly thread?

In any event, the quotes below reflect this-week-comments that were written in the other thread by three of us.

• Members

This show is a trainwreck.

Monday's episode was HORRIBLE, IMO.

The Colleen/Patty stuff is ridiculously campy and morbid, not to mention, Patty is irredeemable in my eyes, and I want her to suffer or die. I have no use for this character anymore.

The Victoria/Deacon nonsense is stupid and rushed. I have no connection to it, no matter how ruined the characters are and how badly plotted it has all been. These characters are a waste. If the writers don't invest in their own storylines, no matter how bad they are, then why should I? While I'm glad such a stupid storyline is being rushed though, I just have no connection to this story, and the writers sure as hell haven't given me a reason to be invested in it.

Deacon needs to leave Y&R, like yesterday.

We're heading into the fall, and not much is changing. When will this show be redeemed and when will we get a better writing and producing regime that is less egotistical and more talented in there? I keep hoping for better stories and episodes, and it's not happening. Sigh, we really are at the end of the road where daytime is concerned.

• Members

Under all the other writing regimes of Y&R, Colleen was never a box of rocks. This character is now portrayed as so stupid she deserves to go away forever.

It is such a shame that they took Patty to these irredeemable lengths. Stacy Haiduk is wonderful and could have had a very long term future as the nutty, PR woman. Hopefully she'll find a role on a better show than Y&R when they have finished destroying Patty.

• Members

This is the week Tom Casiello was tweeting about? That they worked so hard on?! I'm shocked at how poor the execution of this story is. They've been promoting Thursday, but the build up is terrible. Just too campy and underwhelming and the other stories don't connect well with this. It just feels like any old boring week. Shame to see Colleen going out on such a sour note. I'm bored.

• Members

Casiello always works on Hogan shows, right? This week, Jack being made the scapegoat to hide Victor's wrongdoing, and Colleen being roughed up and tormented for the pleasure of viewers, is pure Hogan. So I guess if we want to see great examples of why Hogan is one of the most overrated writers in the history of daytime, this is the week.

This week is also why I do not care for this version of Abby. She is barely above awful when they give her glib material. Trying to give her material which is anything close to demanding is disastrous.

Who is casting Y&R? It's been misfire after misfire for a while now. The nonexistent direction does not help. Is anyone actually in charge of this show?

• Members

You all know better than to trust most of the writers of these shows, especially this show, when they tease about "good" stuff coming up. Since they're apart of crafting some of these stories or episodes, I don't think they're very objective in their overall opinions.

They might have been "working hard" but I see no difference on this show.

And I do agree about 90% of the writers on Y&R's writing team not "getting" the show, hence how hallow everything from the individual scenes to the dialogue feels. The show feels void of a heart and especially of a soul.

Archived