Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 14

• Members

I have three questions to ask:

1. I wasn't paying attention to these scenes because I was laughing so hard at the background (mature, I know). What everyone said to Colleen, was that what she thinks they think of her?

2. Was the fairy tale one of those fake childhood memories that was made up just for the plot?

3. Is this the big location shoot they spend so much money on?

Damn, Tammin has a lot of hair!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lily had every right to be in today's episode and they actually did prove to me that they have a connection moreso than she and NuAbby have had. What really bugs me about this episode is that TS' Colleen has hardly even had any scenes with any of these characters that was shown today. I know that wasn't the point of the episode but still bugged me.

Another thing, why was so much time devoted to a recast that many didn't give two sh!ts about? I'm guess this was MAB's way of dealing with the recast issue that screwed up this character to begin with. Are we really supposed to be rolling around on the floor bawling our eyes out (well, some of the fools over at SOC are) because this character, who we've barely seen in the past two years and has had hardly any interaction with anyone whatsoever, is dead? Is this TIIC's way of giving the viewers closure on this character, by having everyone that should have had interaction with Colleen over the past two years stand there cheering her on into the light? I'm not even sure if she was being encouraged to go into the light or if she was being encouraged to turn around and come back.

• Members

I actually thought today's show was very good as far as writing and acting went. It was very emotional, particularly at the end.

But I agree with most of you about the visuals.

I found it odd that Tammin was listed with the recurring cast today. What's the point if it's her last appearance?

My God. Hayley Erin. My God. Hayley Erin. My God. She is Y&R's Charity Rahmer. She has to be.

Translation: "a recast that I didn't give two sh!ts about".

No. This is a way to get rid of a character they have no interest in writing for, regardless of the portrayer.

Oh, that's right. I forgot people who disagreed with you were "fools".

John and Brad were encouraging her to go into the light. Everyone else wanted her to come back.

• Members

As much as I hated this episode and that Colleen was killed off, I'm at least glad the Tammin wars on this board will be coming to an end. Thankfully, I will never have to see her on Y&R again, it's just unfortunate that she gets to take the character with her. But oh well, Y&R is a Tammin-free zone again, so at least that's something good that came out of all of this. :)

• Members

Whoever is playing Colleen, whether it is Tammin or my fave Adrianne, did not deserve to be killed off. Colleen is a legacy character. I am watching Thursday's epi as I write this and... Dear God in Heaven, is Colleen having an out-of-body experience? Is a newly hairy Lily pleading to her friend to LIVE, goddammit? LOL funny how this is Colleen's near-death fantasy and Lily is making it all about her. "Like, I'm totally fighting because I don't want to die. I want to live a full life and have lots of children and adopt lots of puppies, and I'm going to fight for mah chance to live! Oh, btw, you should totally fight, too."

The CGI -- woah.

• Members

Something was bugging me... OK, a lot was bugging me, but this confused me first: How did Colleen end up in the water? The last I saw, Colleen was rowing out, and the next she's in the water - WTF?! Did they wuss out on showing the stunt, and instead jump straight into the "action?"

Kevin & Jana were so inappropriate in this ep. Rehash your regrets, fine, but do it tomorrow, not today. ITA with everyone else on the limbo scenes, and how disconnected they all felt. Seeing all her family and friends standing there, really showed how much Colleen *didn't* interact with them; they may well have been strangers, for all it mattered. JT was the only one who kinda meant something.

• Members

Wow. Who knew making a scrapbook was all the remedy one needs for chemo? My mom went through chemo 6 months ago (in remission now, touch wood) and while I get that people have different reactions to the therapy, this scrapbook/cute widdle puppies thing does not seem real at all. My mom was bone-exhausted all the time, weak, nauseous, shaky and oftentimes emotional. The timbre of her voice and her laugh completely changed and she sounded like a little girl. I don't need to see Lily vomiting, but I do wish there would be some semblance of reality to this depiction of cancer. <_<

• Members

And to do all this and have the character die? WTF, IIC? I just cannot imagine what these people are thinking. I'm just going to say it, I want LML back. If my only choice is what we are getting right now and LML, I'll take her back. I'd rather have Jack Smith, but this current version has got to go one way or another.

• Members

C'mon, now! Let's not settle for mediocrity! Lynn Marie Troll wasn't just an awful writer who had no interest in learning about the characters she was writing about, she also outlawed cliffhangers and any kind of continuing-drama impetus. It was deadly dull and painful to watch Giggly Phyllis and Gloria dominate every other show. SO bad. At least yesterday we were getting Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden go toe-to-toe.

I want better.

Archived