Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 14

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's very clever, because aside from Lily, and Chloe, no fans will make a peep if these characters die. And a lot of fans won't even be that outraged if Lily or Chloe die. The way the show is set up now, there are no legacy characters. They are absolutely masterful at minimizing, degrading, and phasing out characters so that viewers will feel no connection to them. Their idea of a legacy character is Amber.

• Members

"Give it time!"

That's all we heard when many of us saw the troubling direction this show was heading in.

What the f.uck ever, these people don't more time. By November sweeps, terrorists will be invading Genoa City and they'll set up a rape camp in town. That's just how this writing regime rolls. <_<

Again, if we can't get rid of Maria, the least she can do is fire Sheffer and Hamner, as well as most of her writing staff (replacing them with better staff writers), and hire ONE Co-HW that's either a real Bell protege or a true storyteller.

The writers of this show piss me the hell off...

• Members

I've already heard people saying it was worth it, because the production and acting were so superb. This is how they get out of this destruction. We are supposed to marvel at the beautiful design of the knife blade as it carves Y&R to bits. I thought the executed stunk, but I've learned that many, especially in the soap press, will swoon no matter what.

Archived