B&B the Month of September

• Members

I know this is very brief and scattered, but someone put up a video of OLTL's Daisy Awards from 1989. At the beginning of the clip there are some images from various daytime shows around that time, I guess it must have been from a Daytime Emmy ceremony. You can see a few vintage clips of B&B from then, including a brief one of poor Lauren Koslow with very bad hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-VSbqdorE&feature=related

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could see Steffy & Owen but Steffy & Whip? He is far too experienced and old for her, IMO. Whip & Brooke, certainly. Whip & Felicia. Whip & Bridget, even (save Bridget! They always had a nice relationship back when Whip was married to her mother).

They need to stop pushing Steffy as the Greatest Ingénue Ever. The actress was green but promising when she started but now she's pretty stilted (except in Friday's scene with Brandom Beemer and, later, Drew Tyler Bell). She needs to refine her acting and (I hate to bring this up because I think Canadian actors are a cut above the rest as a rule, but...) iron out her north-of-the-border accent.

• Members

I think they should have tried to make a next gen Brooke/Ridge somewhere along the way. Steffy and Rick might have worked and if anyone claims the actors aren't strong enough, I have two words for you: RON MOSS. But I think they need to make it someone from another family. Rick (or maybe a SORASED) Hope needs to find someone from the wrong side of the tracks soon.

• Members

I'm bummed they never played up the twin dynamic between Steffy and Phoebe. C'mon! Anybody who has read Sweet Valley High could have borrowed a couple of SLs from that great 80s teen opus. When Steffy came on, she was the anti-Phoebe, the brains behind-the-scenes, the one who didn't like to be front-and-center like Phoebe did. They played up these contrasting twins for, like, a nanosecond before killing off Feeble.

What would have been awesome is if Steffy had started taking on some of Phoebe's personality traits after her death. She would have insisted on sleeping in Phoebe's room, would have worn Phoebe's clothes and, most importantly of all, would have hoodwinked Rick into falling in love with her before pulling the rug from under him. That way we would have an explanation of why she is now such a self-righteous bimbo.

• Members

Well, this would actually have been a novel storyline. So scratch it.

That said, I really like Stuffy & Thomas as brother & sister as well as the whole TRIDGE family dynamic. Now they actually had to make sth. out of it 'cause they look exactly like a family. Pretty rare on soaps with the multiple recasting, IMO...

Stuffy & Owen would be interesting as long as sex doesn't happen. This is just bound to be another family miracle with Owen as Ridge's son. I think this could be good. Too bad Brad Bell doesn't follow fan fiction/demands like his sis in law. LOL! Or maybe this is for the best...

• Members

I thought 'Dollar Bill' was just Donna's pet name for Bill, but now new guy Justin is calling him that. LOL!

And strange of Stuffy and Thomas to be gossiping about two people they should be caring less about like two old bittys while their mom might be turning back to the bottle this very moment.

• Members

I realized why they weren't discussing Taylor, if they say her name or show her picture, they have to pay Tylo a certain amount of money if she's not in the episode. Windsor Harmon runs around sticking his pictures on all the sets hoping they don't notice and he can collect.

Since no one knew of Dollar Bill until this year, why would it be so hard to introduce an ex wife with a few kids in their early 20's?

Archived