GL: September Discussion

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They would have had to recast Harley, as supposedly ABC is not letting anyone on their soaps who used to be on GL make an appearance.

I agree with most of what you're saying but I do think Holly got a few good scenes in her episode, and Ed had a very good scene with Blake. That's about all I can praise though, besides the Billy/Vanessa stuff.

• Members

Just watched the episodes of September 1st and 2nd, and...um...they totally fell flat for me.

The highlight was everything surrounding the Billy/Vanessa relationship...they were nice, low key family scenes that worked. Were they making me anticipate what was to come next or geniunely dread this show ending? Not so much...

Philip going round and telling everyone he was dying was pretty unwatchable, if I'm being honest. The acting was top notch, but I just didnt buy the dialogue. And Alex in that Mini Mart with a big gulp? Please...that just wouldnt happen. And whatever that crap was with Marina and the baby and Shayne, I dont know, it was so boring it barely registered. See also...whatever the hell was going on with Jonathan, Jeffrey (who BTW, looks much better with the short hair and no beard) and Edmund.

I did, however, get a good laugh out of how badly they hid Marcy Rylan's pregnancy. That enormous handbag, tight shots on the (chubbier than usual) face...LOL...

Still, I think I'm going to keep watching this until the end. I wonder if the ratings will go up in these final weeks.

• Members

Alan stated that he saw the Mini-mart as an escape from the mansion.

I don't know what to think about that. Since Spaulding and Lewis are one major company now, it rules out him retreating to his office in times like these(his dislike of the Lewis clan), however any place in Springfield would have been better as "Alan's place of solitude" than some mini-mart. C'mon.

• Members

You know this whole Cyrus is Jenna's son thing could make sense if they tied him to the fiancé Jenna once had before coming to Springfield. I'm watching an episode from the Springfield blackout, and in one of the scenes Jenna describes to Michelle about falling in love with a man who had lost all of his money. Though knowing the current TPTB, they probably had no idea such an scene occurred back them.

• Members

GL will not be on Mon. 9/7 and Fri 9/11 - so had to go change my new DVR - delete recording GL Mon-Fri next week - change it to Tue - Wed- Thur and then set it up to record Mon-Fri the week after and then I will have to delete CBS 2 PM after GL last show 9/18 - will not watch CBS at that time or record whatever is on 9/21 [have classes that day, kind of glad I will be buzzy that day] and I will not watch - people dressed up like clams 10/5 - with just upgrading my cable with more channels - will check out what is on the Starz/Encore package and TCM that show many classic films.

:rolleyes:

Archived