GL: September Discussion

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Elizabeth is dead...there simply has been no mention of her. I thought that instead of Alex, Joan Collins should have played a returning Elizabeth, pissed off and hellbent on kicking Alan's ass, saving Phillip and helping teenage Lizzie.

• Members

Jackie died in a plane crash before Phillip learned the truth. I've been told Elizabeth died offscreen around the time Beth and Phillip married before they left town. When Phillip 'died' in 2004, his obituary said he was the son of 'the late Elizabeth Spaulding.' I thought Kriezman had killed her, but I was told she had been killed off by either Long or Nancy Curlee and crew.

• Members

I recall Jackie's death. Probably the last time I was shocked by a character's "out of the blue" death. I checked SOC, and they said that Alan had mentioned her living in Europe at the time of Phillip's death. Not that they're more accurate than anyone else, but I thought at one time (during a Spaulding board fight, I think) they mentioned her. At least I learned where "Granville" came from--apparently it was Elizabeth's maiden name.

As for today's eppy...I don't get it. If Alan is a match for Phillip, and James is a match, and James was a match for Lizzie, wouldn't that mean there are THREE potential donors for Phillip? Thereby allowing all of them to donate some marrow, and lessening the risk for all the donors?

And although I think Frank's a tool---I feel sorry for him, being ganged up on by the two selfish lesbians. Okay, one selfish lesbian--Natalia--who's bound and determined to involve O in any way, shape or form. O just comes off as needy and willing to lap up any attention she gets from Natalia.

YEAH---I SAID IT---LESBIANS CAN BE SELFISH TOO.

I want them to name this kid for Nadine. Deenie, Deana, something that honors the history of this show.

Amazingly, I found Jonathan tolerable today. I just want him to give Lizzie her baby back. I've always thought it was CRAP that he got to take Sarah away from her.

• Members

A few thoughts on today...

- I nearly pissed myself when Phillip said that this was Rick's first successful operation. I mean, how many people have died at the hands of Dr. Death? Too many to count over the years. I also had to chuckle when James showed Alan how to work the iphone applications.

- As such, I enjoyed pretty much all the Spaulding interaction and I liked how the news spread throughout the town that they were both okay.

- I found out something interesting: Ashlee and Rafe aren't all that bad with the volume muted and the closed captioning on. And I tolerated Jonathan too today, probably because he wasn't trying to pull his hair out, screaming from the top of his lungs or trying to straddle everything.

- Speaking of which, I enjoyed seeing Lizzie get to see Sarah again. I like that Lizzie has matured and has become really a bedrock of sanity for the family. Who would have thought that under Crystal Hunt? And I liked that the writers remembered the connection between Jon and Olivia.

- I think I could watch Josh and Reva banter like they have been all day. I know many (including me) haven't been happy with the writing for these two, but seeing them like they were today makes me think that they are already reunited.

- I do somewhat like Otalia, but I will never know why Olivia had to become a watered down whiner for the pairing to work.

-Shallow note: Doris looked really pretty today.

- I like that Billy was there even though he really served no purpose today.

• Members

I watched really for the purpose of seeing Lizzie and Sarah, and that did not disappoint. Marcy really made this role her own, and I'm glad they gave her that moment.

Did Olivia not say yesterday they were taking it slow and Natalia said they are on different pages? But yet today happy U-Haul lesbian moving in--seems like nothing but bady, lazy writers filling in the story with lesbian stereotypes--without the actually being lesbians part.

I'll never know why this because acceptable storytelling for a lot of people.

• Members

Wish GL would have given more Edmund - then a minute a week - if GL thought they were going to make look St. jeff look like a hero going after Eddie - it really failed - jeff has looked foolish and stupid with his plans for Edmund again and again - like keep hiring Roc to take care of Edmund when he was no match for Eddie - also can not believe jeff is a agent - he doesn't know how to use a gun and he couldn't hit the side of a barn - no wonder Eddie makes fun of him - however I still wish GL would have let Edmund be with grandson B4 GL goes off and it would better if GL wasn't going off and being replace with loud tacky game show with clam people.

GL HOTLINE: 866 - 695 - 1859

email : [email protected]

:rolleyes:

Archived