B&B: How Would You Save It?

• Members

It's on the cards that B&B will lose 2nd spot to DAYS in the next few weeks, the show is on the slide, and those still watching aren't interested in Tridge or Nicket or Reffy.

The only couple I'm really enjoying are Jackie/Owen(because Brandon Beemer is naked regularly LOL).

So, those who still care about B&B, what changes would you make to the SLs/cast etc?

For a start, I'd write out Ron Moss and Hunter Tylo, Winsor Harmon too.

I'd give Lesli Kay a decent SL and an on screen romance with Don Diamont.

KKL? Something new for her too, a new man for Brooke or a health crisis or Brooke in a business related SL.

And, I'd hire a new diva, someone to take on Stephanie in the battle of the bitches.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that B&B will rebound and that Days won't overtake it, but B&B is bankrupt creatively. The only hope to rejuvenate B&B is for Brad to hire a co-headwriter with some bite and to start cutting some of the cast.

• Members

Since everyone has already mentioned something about the writing in one thread or another, I'll just focus my attention to the look of the show:

I'd do something about the editing and the way the show is shot. Not talking about all the flashy shots between the scenes, but the jerky camera shots in the middle of a scene where you can tell the cameraguy was still moving to get a tight shot of a performer.

But that's not nearly as bad as all of the boom mics and shadows, these camera creepers, and the reflections of the stage from silver props. This stuff have GOT TO GO!

Production needs to pay closer attention to these mistakes. This is stuff that may not show on an analog TV, but it sure as hell might on a digital or HDTV, where the corners and the tops aren't cut off. It's shameful to see a show with such beautiful sets and production values stoop to such a "Dark Shadows" level of production.

Also, decide what that outdoor set is going to be. Is it Il Guardino's? Is it the Sky Lounge? Is it a cabana hut in Malibu? Or is it the audience line outside to The Price is Right?

Also, they really need to work on the direction of the show. Even great directors like David Shaughnessy are churning out crap episodes, i.e. Bridget/Nick in their Cinemax love scene from a few weeks ago. That scene was embarrassing, it's uncalled for, and it's just plain f*(k!n© awful. There's a way to sell sex in daytime without weird camera angles and Ashley Jones bouncing up and down with a camera in her face. What I wouldn't give to have Kathryn Foster on the directing team. The two or three episodes she directed(February air show) were great, even IF they were just standard, run-of-the-mill episodes that didn't have action in them.

And someone PLEASE force these actors to care. Even if the viewers don't care, they get paid to act. You can just see alot of the talent are just fed up with the writing and I understand that. But phoning it in doesn't help turn a bad story into gold. Lots of great soap actors deal with crap stories and don't phone it in. Just ask Scott Bryce, Sarah Brown, and the entire GL cast.

• Members
Exactly.

B&B, as much as it needs a writing team change, it desperately needs someone involved with production to make sure we never have to endure another "Attack of the Boom Mic," "Peeping Camerahead" or "Man With Dead Rodent on his Scalp Stands In Because Susan Flannery Doesn't Want to Fall On-Set."

Oh, and for GOD'S SAKE, someone do something about the wardrobe on this show. Someone tell Birgit Muller to quit dressing Susan Flannery like Jackie Chan and PLEASE get Hunter Tylo out of those unflattering dresses and shirts. And speaking of directors, someone tell Hunter to stand up straight instead of posing. It makes her tummy stand out and she looks pregnant. Girlfriend is channeling Kim Kardashian lately.

• Members

kardashian.png

Take this picture for example. Hunter Tylo is by no means a Kim "All You Can Eat Buffet Line" Zimmer in the weight department, but is this dress and even this camera angle at all flattering? I still think she's an attractive woman with a nice body, but someone needs to step in and say, "Don't slouch" or "Shoot this scene from the waist up"

• Members

Bring back Sheila - the ratings will go up for sure - she's a sure-fire ratings grabber and while that plot goes really re-tool the Forresters, Logans and the Marone's. Make Brooke smart again. Re-cast Thomas (I met Drew on a plane and he's SUCH the a-hole). If they can get back JM as Massimo great, otherwise re-cast him with a name actor. Either re-cast Marcus or get rid of him. End Steffy and Rick. Make Eric interact with his children more.

All around, the characters need to be more savvy - and not just cause they blog or use podcats, but self-aware. Make L.A. more than Beverly Hills and Bel Aire. And make the show about fashion. And if they can't get the actress who plays Karen to stay on get rid of Bill Spencer. Never bought that she'd let all this stuff go down with her brother and have 50% of the company yet not help Stephanie and the Forresters.

• Members

Get rid of Nick ASAP. Have a "Who killed Nick?" murder mystery. Then have the shooter be someone who is actually a prominent character and who will be sent to prison. I would suggest Taylor or Ridge.

Susan Flannery will be retiring soon. Bring Betty White back for Stephanie's last big story. Have the story be about Ann, Pam, and Stephanie's mortal enemy, Brooke. I know it's cliched, but I would suggest that Stephanie work through her family issues and then start to go on to the next stage where her therapist makes her realize that she has been in love with Brooke all along. Since this is the ultimate Freudian show, perhaps Stephanie could realize that she has transferred her deep jealousy and love for Kristen (which was raging in the early episodes) to Brooke? What will Stephanie do next?

Get rid of Katie or Donna. Recast Beth Logan and bring her back as a flawed but decent matriarch.

Get rid of Thorne if you have no material for him.

Reveal a deep dark Forrester family secret which most of them have not thought about since they were children, and which is beginning to flare up again. Have this as the reason Kristen has little contact with her family, have this as why Thorne and Felicia are desperate for everything to be like it was in some fantasy land of Forrester, have this as why Ridge has gone increasingly insane over the years.

Have more comic relief stories involving Pam. Have her branch out on her own.

Either bring fashion back full time or end it entirely.

Bring back Sally's son CJ full time. Bring back a recast Jessica Forrester. Bring back Dylan. Bring back James and his daughter, who is the best and worst of both her parents.

Make Owen bisexual. Bring in a Chris Keller like grifter who has a secret past with Owen and who knows how to push the buttons of men or women to get what he wants.

Recast Thomas and as one final goodbye to the awful pseudo-incest over the past decade, have Thomas and Taylor develop an incestuous affair.

Archived