OLTL: Kyle & Fish spoiler

• Members
:: sigh ::

...and so it begins.

I never thought anything could make me cling to Rex & Gigi, or Todd & Blair part 56.

I have a feeling Kyle & Fish are gonna make me hastily appreciate every other couple I previously disliked.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great points! It is a serious risk, but...

LMAO. It will be very interesting to see if this goes anywhere. It is a sign of how much mistrust shows have sown that -- I think -- not a single person has high expectations for this.

• Members

That's exactly my worry. I don't need another mass of rampid internet fans who watch those clips over You Tube writing and telling people what an amazing show it is and on and on, but wouldn't be able to tell you to shakes of what else is going on. but I'm not surprised it took them this long, and I'm not looking forward to what comes next.

• Members

I'll withold judgement until it airs, but if I smell bullshit I'm complainin.

I don't think it's all that unbelievable that Fish, after fixating on Layla and sleeping with Stacy, would be gay...well more like bisexual. Obviously from the look on Fish's face upon running into Kyle for the first time, his fling with Kyle is something he'd like to put behind him, or in a better word, is ashamed of. How hard is that to believe? Such a thing occurs everyday, especially where I live. So I wouldn't say it's exactly out of the blue, it's the timing that worries me and the fact that we have two actors who are on recurring featured in this story.

• Members

For any gay couple to work in Daytime, it has to involve at least one male character that is liked by the majority of the audience. Fish and Kyle are barely relevant and though both actors might turn out to make this work, right now it just seems like a ploy to play at the homosexual demographic rather than a thoughtful and thought-out storyline.

• Members

And Nelson mentioned in his latest column that C.J. is being recast and he's wondering if it's the gay character "Griffith" there's apparently a breakdown/audition script for. So are we looking at a rainbow triangle here?

• Members

Rex and Gigi have soiled the frontburner for what seems like years. Their relationship now consists of how many different ways he can tell her she's a slut. Todd has violated Blair in too many ways to count, he's the biggest sociopath in daytime, and both of the actors seem to hate the pairing (although KDP is more charitable than TSJ).

Unless Fish and Kyle take up airtime 5 days a week, go around raping people, and have a half-dozen characters devoted to propping them, I'm probably never going to see them in the same realm as Rex or Todd or Gigi.

I think we're all giving them much more prominence than the show ever will.

• Members

It's exactly why I can't get on the "hey, as long it's getting people to watch" train. Yeah, they're watching, but they're watching on YouTube. I'm guessing there are gonna be four groups of people who are interested/supportive of this story: A, the people who are regular (or semi-regular) OLTL viewers who are jumping for joy and ready to see them do the story; B, the people who are regular (or semi-regular) OLTL viewers who are apprehensive about how it's going to go; C, the people who are NOT regular (or semi-regular) OLTL viewers who will watch clips and/or an episode or two to see the story; and D, the people who are NOT regular ( or semi-regular) OLTL viewers who aren't gonna go out of the way to watch clips or episodes, but will read a spoiler or recap here or there to stay in the know.

And there, limping along way behind the others, is the group of people who are NOT regular (or semi-regular) OLTL viewers who will tune in to the show for this story and in the process become fans of the whole show.

• Members

Not to mention Fish has spent most of his time fawning over his obvious crush, John McBain... Seriously, I looked at that as an indicator.

As late as my early 20's, I was very much in the "Fish" circumstance. So just because Fish slept with a woman once, and chased Layla around in a chaste manner, to me does not define him as straight.... It definitely didn't define me as such, and I'm sure it's a more common circumstance than we realize.

• Members

Yup!

Especially because Fish's portrayer depicts his background as 'conservative'. If you're not expecting acceptance in your life, then you're more likely not to self-accept...at least if you're not a rebel. So I find this completely and totally plausible. In this case, it's not like some other soap-gays...this man HAS had sex with dudes (it's being called "experimentation"). It's just that he has not chosen to accept the label of "gay" or even "bisexual". Yet.

Archived