OLTL: Kyle & Fish spoiler

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for sharing, allatwitter.

I love how they manage to say that CE had problems playing a "gay role." Do they have spoilers that we don't know anything about?

ETA: I flove it when AE and The Advocate and sites like that ask questions like "Does it bother you to be gay and..." or "Do you realize that you're the only gay..." and the interviewee answers with something along the lines of "No, I never really thought about that" or "No, it doesn't really matter."

For example:

Translation: So, yall gonna make it real sexy and make out and stuff? And like shove each other's tongues down the other's throat and stuff? Cuz that would be real hot, and that's what they do on Forbidden Love, the gay soap from Europe that we all love.

Translation: .......chill. the [!@#$%^&*]. out.

• Members

Why do they think the only soap where actors meet up to discuss their onscreen relationship is Forbidden Love? Talk about clunky interviews.

I wish they'd asked something like, "Assuming it does become a romantic relationship, have you guys discussed how you're going to approach it? The reason I ask is because the respected older actors on an American sitcom we follow called Happy Days, Marion Ross and Tom Bosley, put all this time and effort into discussing their roles and how they're going to play each scene as a couple. Did you hear about the time they got that one crucial, 'Sit on it!' past the censors?"

• Members

I just hope this s/l doesn't take the whole show hostage and that the influx of Kish fans who know nothing about the show other than that there's a gay s/l doesn't get out of control. OLTL's getting a handful of new cast members Terrell Tilford, Matt Walton, Kearra Giovanni, Amanda Setton, a recast of Ross Rayburne...so hopefully this Kish thing will be tempered by other things going on. Hopefully.

• Members

Honestly I'd take John and especially Todd over Kyle and Fish any and every day of the week. I can even see liking Stacy if they ever get her away from Rex and Gigi. I don't mind this Fish/Kyle story, but I agree that it shouldn't overwhelm the show. Neither character is important enough and too often viewers act too touchy & crazed when it comes to gay plotlines on soaps.

• Members

That's probably what we're going to be getting. Four or five days a week of Todd. I'd rather see this minor relationship between Fish and Kyle than another parade of women humiliating themselves for a sociopath who treats them like they charge by the hour, with brief interludes of Viki reminding us of what an awesome person Todd is, but I know that's not what OLTL is about now.

• Members

Did anyone else notice that Kyle dropped some ominous clues and foreshadowing hints about himself during his scenes with Gigi during Friday's episode? When she tried to flirt info. out of him, he told her that she didn't have anything he wanted...then later on when she accused him of being a player, he said that he didn't play women. This all intertwined with scenes of Fish getting ready for his date with Layla.

Archived