Y&R Rowell interview

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a nice thought to have though. :lol:

I don't know that having Black writer would make any sort of difference if there's mandates from the networks about how minority characters should or shouldn't act. That said, MAB should needs better Co-HW's, if she wants to stay on. Diversity isn't exactly Sheffer or Hamner's biggest strength. As I believe Sylph suggested, she should steal Michele Val Jean away from GH.

:lol:

Amelia is more of a cancer than a parasite. :lol:

• Members

Wow, could you imagine how HOT Y&R would be if they had Victoria Rowell *AND* Brenda Dickson back? They'd have like 50 million viewers on a daily basis! :rolleyes: These two are what made the show #1!

I also hear Rowell's working on a cure for cancer while Dickson's almost got the formula ready to cure AIDS.

• Members

Honestly, I do believe that almost half of Y&R's audience is African American, and a large part of how that came to be is the Winters and how Bell wrote them (particularly the HIV story). I also think that Malcolm and Drucilla are the most popular AA characters in daytime history (and yes I do believe even more popular than Jesse and Angie whom I like).

• Members

i do not believe for a new york minute that half the y&r audience is black. that is just made up information by an angry, bitter person who can't get over herself.

no matter how long victoria rowell is off y&r, she continues to trash the show, constantly and consistently bringing everything back to race. yeah, ego runs rampant in entertainment, but VR trumps them all.

the woman must have been like a cancer on the set. no matter how good she is, she's not worth it.

i just don't get the "you go, girl" and "we need more actors like VR" comments. she doesn't enlighten; all she does is accuse and indict.

• Members

You're talking about couples, I'm not.

I'm talking about individual characters. Victor & Nikki are one of the most popular couples, but Victor himself is more popular than Nikki (that's why they plaster EB's face on the cover of every freaking magazine ad nauseum).

I think Drucilla and Malcolm as individual characters trump the rest individually any day of the week.

• Members

LIKE OMG WHY CAN'T SHE BE GNARLY AND KOOL LIKE MICHELLE STAFFORD.

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH!

MICHELLE STAFFORD HEALS THE SICK IN CALCUTTA!

SAINT MICHELLE WALKS ON WATER AND TURNS IT INTO WINE!

MICHELLE STAFFORD THE PATRON SAINT AMONGST SAINTS HATH FLOATED DOWN ON A GOSSAMER CLOUD TO DELIVER ONE & ALL!

• Members

I was talking about individual characters too.

Drucilla, Neil & Malcolm are all very popular in their own rights but Jesse & Angie are still the most popular IMO.

It's like comparing Erica Kane & Laura Spencer.

Archived