Y&R Rowell interview

• Members

It's been printed before that Y&R has the largest AA audience of the soaps (actually I believe it said they had twice as many AA viewers as the soap that comes in second even), but I think it was somewhere like 50% of the audience is African-American. I'll go and see if I can find that info, but I've read it in print before.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's possible, but it doesn't seem likely. Don't AA's make up about 15% of US population? If it is true they are even dumber than I thought for letting VR walk and for putting Tyra and Lily at the forefront of the Winter's family.

• Members

I guess because I don't think they have been all that accommodating to their AA audience, especially not in the last several years. But I suppose GH isn't very accommodating to it's female audience and I'm sure the percent of female viewers is around 85%, so loyalty goes a long way.

• Members

This won't be a popular opinion, but I think they should have let VR have some creative input on Dru/Winter's storylines. Not full control, but some say in the stories. She does have writing experience after all and she sure as hell couldn't have done worse than LML.

Archived