Y&R: Who do you want as HW?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meanwhile, someone's taking down their "Church of Ron (Carlivati)" sign and replacing it with a "Church of Richard (Backus)" one.

And next month? It'll be AMC's Tracy Thomson. Bank on it. ;)

• Members

I do too, but I know this post will get plenty of serious replies because there are a ton of writing junkies on this board. Might as well just let everyone have their say and hash it out uninterrupted by talk of the current week's episodes.

• Members

I want Pam Long.

She's good with creating new characters and intertwining them with the old ones, uses history to propel a story forward rather than just looking back, and has a great sense for how a story should flow.

• Members

Eh, Long also did some harm than good at GL. She arguably de-Bauered the show, and made it the Reva Shayne hour.

I think Curlee more than surpassed Long in her writing. She managed to make many of Long's characters multi-dimensional and sharp. For one thing, I much preferred for example, Harley and Alexandra under Curlee and company than what I saw of them during Long's run.

I don't think Long would be a fit at all at Y&R.

• Members

Who do I want as HW? Me. That's right; I want to head-write Y&R, because I would kick serious daytime a**.

And I want Kay Alden, Michael Minnis, Thomas Nelson (he runs "The Buzz" board), Natalie Minardi Slater and John F. Smith to be my SW's.

• Members

I said script writer, not script editor. If I were HW, I'd edit all scripts. Thomas Nelson would be my unofficial Co-HW, if only in terms of breaking down each week and deciding which plot points should happen on what days.

Oh, and instead of Trent Jones, I'd hire Michael Minnis.

• Members

Oh, Alden has a tendency to add her spin to many of those B&B scripts from what I've heard. So while a certain SW might have a certain style, their script still has an heavy Alden-influence, and I've definitely seen it since Alden started there. Though B&B dialogue has always been, well, a bit lame.

Archived