Y&R: In Support of Melody Thomas Scott

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When has Nikki ever had an opportunity to become her own person? AFAIC, every time she tries showing Victor she doesn't necessarily need him, she winds up getting herself involved in one jam or another from which only Victor can free her.

Honestly, I think Nikki owes Victor everything. She wouldn't be able even to wipe her own ass without him.

• Members

No. Fair mean equal. If MTS is being asked to take a paycut of X percent, then EB and PB should be asked to do the same. If they are asked and have taken the cut, then I'm fine with MTS being let go if she doesn't follow suit. We may never know the truth of the situation unless MTS actually leaves and tells us what happened. Kind of the way we never knew that Genie Francis wasn't treated equally until well after the fact.

• Members

After the first breakup with Victor, Nikki had long relationships with other men, she eventually had a career, with and without Victor's help. There were long periods of time where her only involvement with Victor was as the father of her children, and while some of those stories presented her in an unsympathetic way (like the affair with Cole Howard), they were still her stories, her point of view. Victor was often her weak spot, but he was also never entirely able to forget her, and she was never so pathetic that she could do nothing without him. Only recently has the writing turned into Victor essentially hating Nikki, and Nikki either being a punching bag or being offcamera.

Nikki has never been a big independent woman, you're right, but I've always thought she was much stronger than many of the women who were paraded around as being independent, like Ashley.

• Members

The Nikki & Paul pairing was likely deliberate. It gave Nikki something to do. The whole Ashley and Victor romance came out of nowhere which looking back suggests that MAB never had big plans for Nikki on LML's stories were wrapped up.

• Members

It's true that all actors are not equal and that means talent and pay however, if one of their top performers is being asked to take a cut then they should follow suit with the rest. Personally, I couldn't stand seeing MTS leave without taking Braeden with her. ;)

Archived