Y&R: In Support of Melody Thomas Scott

• Members

IA. I assume that the inequality is already reflected in their respective salaries, so if they are all asked to take a cut that wouldn't mean they are paid the same. It just means they aren't singling out one person for the cuts. For all we know other people have already taken them, but if not, I don't blame MTS one bit for not taking one either. I'm sure she doesn't need Y&R anymore than it needs her.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how some people here are switching their tunes from when JW was possibly leaving. In a way I wouldn't mind MTS leaving because she's been very unappreciated for years, and can still flourish elsewhere. I love MTS/Nikki, and I don't get the point on hating on a story that happened decades ago. She's not the same person, and has grown significantly.

ETA: Why doesn't everyone just take a pay cut?

• Members

I might get bashed for this, and I will start off by saying I love MTS and Nikki and don't want to see her leave Y&R, but I am going to be flat out blunt and say that she needs to suck it up and take the pay cut.

Yes, she deserves as much as she's getting or more, yes she's a daytime and Y&R staple, but I'm sure the paycut won't kill her. She's lucky to be getting a paycut at all....I mean, alot of people in the WORLD are jobless because of this economic meltdown. I honestly find the ego's of some people at Y&R tiring, and if Jess Walton(though she seemed to kick up a fuss herself) has to take a paycut, then by damn MTS has to take one....I'm not bashing any of the actors here, I love them all, but its just my honest opinion on the moves they're making.

Y&R has to survive, and it may be necessary for her to take a paycut in these economic times.

• Members

So what if they are? Two different people, two different actresses and two different characters. One has nothing to do with the other. If you like Jess, it certainly doesn't mean you like Nikki.

No one's hating the story. Finding it terribly conceived (not executed) is another thing.

• Members

It might be the same, but you can't base your opinion on the sameness/difference of the situation. Simply, some liked Jess and wanted her to stay, but now some don't like Melody and want her to go. The similarities of the situation have nothing to do with it if you simply do not like the actress.

• Members

I think people should be treated fairly whether or not I like them and I'm sure lots of other people do too. I really am not a fan of EB by any stretch, but if he were asked to take a cut while the other leads were not, I'd think that is wrong.

If these cuts are needed for the show to survive then why not an across the board percentage cut? Those who don't want to take them can leave, I really don't care if it's my fav or not. Well, actually, I do care, but it doesn't change my feeling that those who won't play ball should go.

Archived