Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Great! And, there's even more to the day! A four part video is up on YT. This was the 4th one.

Editing In: Still about Anne Heche, I heard today that her organ donations went to 8 separate individuals! That just chokes me up. So wonderful. Correction: It is not known how many individuals received organ donations. Some unsavory types are saying that they will sell the names of them & claimed the number.

Edited by Tonksadora
new info found to be inaccurate, untrue.

• Members

On the one hand it appears the part of Mark was recast after only a few weeks. On the other Amanda whom he had been dating reconciled with Sam after a couple of months and that seemed to leave the character nowhere. Seems a lot like planned obsolescence since they didn't set up any other storyline for him.

I noticed the entries for Jake's parents Alice and Ray (as they were called to set up the Kevin half brother storyline).  It made me wonder who had played Jake's mother, then called Helen, who had lunch with Kathleen the day Marissa was flying back to Bay City in August 1986. Since she's not in the Minor Characters I suppose if she's anywhere she's just listed as a Day Player without a character name.

• Members

I remembered this bit of trivia from our review of the classic SOD news Tumblr of April 16, 1991

Please register in order to view this content

@Franko & I searched for Tom and Mavis and found that the character was re-named Mark, then re-cast, and no word of Mavis was ever found

Edited by j swift

• Members

The only character I can think of is Mavis Cobb on Texas. She was Lurlene's aunt and played by Dody Goodman.

During this period, SOD had a lot of scoops about casting for new roles that never came to fruition. I recall talk of casting a model named Bliss. Speculation was that Bliss was going to turn out to be Felicia's daughter.

Edited by robbwolff
Corrected typo

• Members

Look at us, we're all so friggin' brilliant and resourceful! I've always liked the name "Mavis." I once wanted to name a pair of twins "Mavis and Miranda," which my brother rightfully mocked me for. (Our mom has a cousin Avis, which, of course, was the name of Sigourney Weaver's character on Somerset.)