Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There were two different characters that were flirting with Mac.    One was named Buffy, played by Gloria Hoye (from many soap operas, but she had appeared last on Somerset - from the same studio).    The other was played by Ann Flood.  I think that this was her fourth soap opera.  I am thinking that she had been on From These Roots, Thoe Edge of Night, Search for Tomorrow, and then Another World.    But, I may be wrong about the order after the cancellation of The Edge of Night.

• Members

I remember the character of Rose flirting with Mac the night the North Woods Inn burned to the ground.  Rachel followed Mac to the restaurant and caught him dancing with Rose.  An electrical problem caused the Christmas tree at the restaurant to catch fire.  Mitch had to rescue Mac from the burning building.

• Members

Mitch was such an odd character. He came on with nothing but a mandate to help Janice Frame do her worst to Mac, which ended up poisoning him & almost ending his life. So, there you had Janice & Mitch bad guys, as written I believe by Pete. And, then, I think there was a change of writers, and Mitch did an abrupt about face & suddenly helped Rachel save Mac's life. And, everything about Mac was weakened because of his vulnerability to Janice. Crazy time. And, an odd reason to do a remote!

• Members

Okay, not Pete, okay. I thought maybe Tom King. Mitch did have good stuff, some being Matt's father, with "air beats" Matt and then well on down the line he was a good groom & husband for Felicia. That about face has always made me wonder about him. Just last year I re-read every weekly recap at AWHP from his entrance onward trying to find what would have motivated him to turn away from Janice & toward Rachel. I finished as confused as I began.

• Members

She was introduced working with Catlin to keep an eye on Brittany and Peter and I wondered whether they were trying her as a new love interest for Catlin (and really why they would call her Sara when he had just lost Sally?). Then of course Catlin left with Brittany and Sara glommed onto Chad without much effect. Chad wasn't really much of a character either -- he was a sort of spoiler for MJ and Adam and of course the link that brought Dawn to Bay City for a short while but he didn't have much going on of his own. Was he a suspect in the Sin Stalker storyline?

Rachel didn't really benefit from any of it either. Rachel was in a funk and Mitch criticized her art. Matthew ran away from home and Mitch nobly followed to protect him while Rachel panicked assuming Mitch had kidnapped him. Rachel was jealous that Mitch was responding to the attractions offered by Felicia.

Did they intend a real triangle with Rachel/Mitch/Felicia so that Mac would seek comfort with Rose, or were they always making a straight shot for Mitch/Felicia and the rest was just filler?

So thankful, by the way, that all this was before the trend to mash names together. Imagine Rac or Machel. Fitch or Melicia. Although perhaps Bratlin could have amused me.