Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember reading at the time that Bobby was originally meant to have gotten Ryan's heart (which would have made him having Ryan's memories easier to buy than him having the memories because he got Ryan's corneas) but that they changed their minds when they realized that every time they wanted him to be shirtless, they'd have to show a scar on his chest.

• Members

Oh yeah I hated the ghost story on its own merits but on top of it it aged very poorly the minute they switched the story to "Shane".
They had Ryan vouch for Bobby from the beyond except that he wasn't Bobby, he was married and he certainly wasn't the new Love of Vicky's life. I guess ghosts don't know f**ks**t either.

That on the other hand amuses me a lot. Thanks for sharing that tidbit I had never heard.

• Members

I think the intention originally was to proceed with the Bobby Reno story.  When Michael Malone took over as headwriter in April, 1997, that is when things went haywire.  I think Malone borrowed heavily from his bible for the unaired 13 Bourbon Street and just transferred the ideas to the characters on Another World.  Bobby Reno become Shane, Lila his-ex southern belle appears, Cindy and the glowing tiki idol, Lucas lookalike Alexander Nikos, Amanda posing as Hadley Prescott, Rachel being locked in a casket in a church about to be demolished, etc.

Edited by watson71

• Members

That Hadley Prescott deal (where she, like, got DID?) was some weird [!@#$%^&*]. I watched some of Malone's AW on YT and it bears a striking resemblance to his 2003-2004 OLTL - embarrassingly campy, fantastical, and all over the map tonally with poor writing to back up the broad flights of fancy. It did seem like they were testing Jake and that doomed Amanda at the time.

• Members

Yes, I think Jake/Amanda was more the interim writers before Malone came on. Under Malone, Jake/Vicky became more of a couple, with Shane as the tortured guy she  couldn't be with but couldn't get over. I don't know what Malone was going to do with Amanda beyond the DID story. Poor Laura Moss. I wish she'd had more of a chance. Sandra Ferguson was fine, but she  didn't even really want to come back.