Jump to content

Another World


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

News for all ANOTHER WORLD fans there's a channel on YouTube called Eddie Drueding that's posting a lot of pre- 1980 episodes for those who might be interested as I don't know if it's common knowledge 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Joseph said:

News for all ANOTHER WORLD fans there's a channel on YouTube called Eddie Drueding that's posting a lot of pre- 1980 episodes for those who might be interested as I don't know if it's common knowledge 

Nah, it is common knowledge lol

He also runs the AW site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Ray Liotta was asked about his time on AW in a Rolling Stone interview publicizing his role in the Sopranos prequel:

Sometimes, actors who come out of daytime soaps talk about the discipline it gave them. Did you pick up anything from your days on Another World that proved useful later in your career?


I remember when I got offered it, I was like, “I don’t want to do a soap opera. I want to go and do a Scorsese movie.” But I got Another World six months out of graduating. It happened really fast. It just so happened it was really, really good training. These were unbelievable people I was working with, these great stage actors, really seasoned, and our producer made sure they would be free to go and do plays when they wanted to. So I learned a lot being around them. I really liked it. It didn’t bother me at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Nah, it is common knowledge lol

He also runs the AW site.

what site??????? 

BY THE WAY does anyone have courage enough to make a Page for Rachel???????? and Pat too it's a shame two important characters like that never got a Wikipedia profile

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 minutes ago, Joseph said:

what site??????? 

BY THE WAY does anyone have courage enough to make a Page for Rachel???????? and Pat too it's a shame two important characters like that never got a Wikipedia profile

Eddie Drueding has been a godsend to the AW community for decades, and his remarkable site is a valuable resource.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
20 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

Eddie Drueding has been a godsend to the AW community for decades, and his remarkable site is a valuable resource.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/

Hear, hear! He has been curating the Another World Video Library since before YouTube existed, as well as documenting all kinds of show history. Julie Poll mentions him in the acknowledgements of her 35th anniversary book. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, Xanthe said:

Hear, hear! He has been curating the Another World Video Library since before YouTube existed, as well as documenting all kinds of show history. Julie Poll mentions him in the acknowledgements of her 35th anniversary book. 

Eddie seems to have given over the day-to-day running of the AW Homepage to another individual now, but the huge amount of work he did on that site for years and years is astonishing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Mike McGavin has been poring over 1960s scripts. He's trying to make the synopses section as comprehensive as possible.  He's been adding a great deal to 1967 these days. He reaches out to myself and @jam6242 sometimes with cast information/ help identifying actors other roles. Both he and Eddie keep doing their best to provide everything they receive a place on the site.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
22 minutes ago, slick jones said:

Mike McGavin has been poring over 1960s scripts. He's trying to make the synopses section as comprehensive as possible.  He's been adding a great deal to 1967 these days. He reaches out to myself and @jam6242 sometimes with cast information/ help identifying actors other roles. Both he and Eddie keep doing their best to provide everything they receive a place on the site.  

So, a big shout-out goes to Mike McGavin too! Woohoo!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy