AMC: Deep Soap: How NOT to introduce a recast

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's so "improbable" about that? Perhaps, at some point, MW had a crisis of faith, if you will, and decided she had more in life to give than just her blonde good looks and Emmy-winning talent. Doesn't seem too "improbable" to me. Furthermore, who better to counsel today's youth about the dangers of the so-called real world than someone who endured one of the most incestuous, cutthroat, and narcissistic industries out there and emerged with her faith in God intact, if not reaffirmed? (Unless, of course, Ms. Bibel is openly skeptical of such individuals?) Personally, I'd rather she do what's she doing now than, say, producing GL. (No, I don't. Digit, the sign-language-using gorilla, could do better than Ellen Wheeler.)

Say what? MW's attempting to make a difference in people's lives, and SB wants to turn it into TBN's answer to "Rock of Love"?

:rolleyes:

Plus, she's married, Sara; so there goes your "Men in Trees" analogy.

• Members

You know? I mean, come on! She's a soap writer, for God's sake! Let us know what it's like writing for a character who has been recast. Give us some writer insight. Do you write up to the new actor's strengths? Do you write down to disguise the new actor's limitations? Do you write the same and force the new actor to meet the character where they are?

I mean, really. If your claim to fame is for being an "unemployed soap writer," give us some soap writer info that regular soap "journalists" can't give us because of the fact they were never involved in the process.

It's almost as if she needed to meet a deadline for her column, so she just wrote down things anybody who has been watching this show for the last ten years would know as to why Jamie Lunar's Liza is different from Marcy Walker's Liza.

I'm sorry, but all this SAB is doing is being yet another Logan or Branco... being another critic instead of offering insight.

Archived