ATWT: April discussion

• Members

Casey and Allison, to me, is an example of "two rights CAN make a wrong", if you know what I mean. I like both Casey (especially Casey), and Allison, seperately, but together, I think they are wayyyy better off as friends. I think they have "friendly" chemistry. When TPTB tried to start to make it something more, it all went downhill from there. They have zero romantic chemistry. ZERO. And it shows. I'm not sure why they are so desperate to shove this couple together and in our faces, but it ain't working.

Sad, because I really love Billy and Marnie and think both are really talented, and their talents are being soooo incredibly wasted.

I actually think Casey has better chemistry with Jade.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree! I think that has a lot to do with the actors. Kelley has good chemistry with everybody, I think.

Another decent episode today. Of course I'm probably biased, but oh well. I enjoyed it. I really loved Luke's flashback to his and Noah's first time in January and him saying out loud that he can't lose Noah. And their scenes together tied up-- who knew those could be so sweet?! :lol:

Holden was acting like a complete dumbass today. I was so glad when Lily said "ENOUGH!" He seriously needs to adjust the stick in his ass. He's behaving ridiculously.

Luke acknowledging that he was wrong about Damian and that he owed him an apology, I think says a lot about him as a character, and hopefully this is the start of him GROWING UP. He might always be stubborn and bitchy, but if he can acknowledge when he's wrong, I'll take him, faults and all. :wub:

• Members

Today??? Painful.

But hey...who didn't want to be Zoe and bitchslap Luke finally????

And I'm grateful TIIC spelled it out...the "twins" aren't twins at all, or related. And before anyone tells me PGP wouldn't "go there"....JAMMY.

• Members

Casey has chemistry with everyone ... He has chemistry with Luke too, hehe.

If I were rooting for anyone to get together with Casey, it would be Jade, but only because I like her because she was so supportive of Luke in 2006. I'm really not rooting for anyone, I'm just enjoying the angsty ride and comfortable with whoever he ends up with. (Same with Janet vs Carly actually.)

• Members

Really? You think he has chemistry with Ali???

I thought their scenes together, especially the ones at Yo's, were better than usual, but GAH, for the most part, together, they're mindblowingly boring. <_<

I like when they do their shows with two major storylines in one hour, rather than like, four. It's easier to follow along, and the storytelling itself doesn't feel so rushed and give me whiplash like usual.

• Members

Supportive? She continuously blackmailed him, threatening she would tell his parents he was gay to get what she wanted. Some of her behavior back then seriously made me want to vomit-- "Not as upset as she gets when she sees you. I bet every time you walk into a room, all she can think is 'My baby boy is gay'. What did I do to deserve this?"

GAH. She was VERY easy to hate.

• Members

I've never had much use for Jade. Another character TIIC totally missed the boat on. De-aging her doesn't make her any more interesting. They should have made Elena Goode the next bitch on wheels in Oakdale, and had every one of Rose's friends try to "save" her because she was Rose's child.

Instead she was stuck as Luke's "devoted" cousin and stuck being Gwen's foil. *eyeroll* Imagine the story if had Jade decided to get some revenge on Paul for dumping her mother at the altar.

Sticking Jade in teeney-bopper hell?? BORING.

• Members

Word!

Jade was at her best when she was a pot-stirring bitch. They had every opportunity to have her go after Will to get revenge for killing Rose, but nope.

Join us again for wasted potential on "As the World Turns," weekdays on CBS!

That lasted for like...all of a month and a half, maybe. She and Luke became real tight after that. She ripped Kevin a new one for calling Luke a fag and also told him to pursue Noah (blech!).

• Members

Yes, this is the kind of stuff I was thinking of.

I like Jade as the complex character she is, neither all good nor all bad, and wouldn't like her if she was a one-dimensional "bitch." She's not above doing something like taking money from Emily to sleep with Casey, but she has her good traits and her loyalties too.

• Members

I kept thinking the same thing. Holden was such an ass today. And Luke was in his bitchy mode again today. I started laughing when Zoe manhandled Luke....LMAO.

Casey and Luke would be hot together. You know Luke would be the female in that relationship...lol. Casey just oozes sex appeal with almost anyone on that show.

• Members

What the heck is complex about Jade??? Don't get me wrong, I think Elena Goode was better in the role than this doe-eyed version (whatever her name is) but Jade's never really been deeper than a kiddie wading pool. She was out for herself 95% of the time, and occassionally hauled out to "support" Luke.

I just was suggesting a real story for the girl, one that could have given her layers as the conflicted, given up for adoption mommy-hating but hell-bent on avengement child of a coughmajorcough character tied to most of Oakdale. The thought of "damaged in their own rights" Carly and Emily teaming up to keep her out of trouble and mentoring Jade in a way Lily never could alone should have been fodder for years of stories.

Instead, she's Luke's faghag, and a human pincushion for the Hughes relation. Like I said...boring.

Archived