ATWT: April discussion

• Members

I've always thought there was more to the story of Byrne's leaving than just her guarantee/money. Personally, I think she saw the writing on the wall----her Lily wasn't going to get free of Holden, and she wasn't going to get any more romantic story. She'd be "Luke's mom", and that's about it.

As for Beck....yep, she stinks as Lily. TIIC haven't helped, giving her the same weak-assed "teen heroine" stories they wrote for Byrne. The only reason I think her appearances have held on par with Byrne's is the initial story push to sell her as Lily. (Does anyone see MB opposite the last nuMike, sluttin' it up with him on her couch?) Since Ethan was rescued from the well ( the de facto end of the Holden/Carly affair) I think they've dropped considerably, although I'd have to check the stats to verify. It seems she goes missing for huge chunks of time though.

It's too bad TIIC were so attached to having "Lily" on the canvas. I keep wondering what Beck could do if she wasn't saddled playing Lily. I was thinking....maybe she could have been Margo's sister Cricket. Someone tied to the canvas, but almost completely free to put their stamp on a character.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think a Damian and Meg romance would fail totally! Just no! What is with TIIC obsession with all things Meg? She is dreary and boring.

I was hoping for a storyline where Luke and Damian reconnected. I guess I'm not even going to get more than 3 minutes of that.

I loved the past week. I just wish there were more of a focus on Luke and Noah and how it affected their relationship. Instead it focused more on Zac and Zoe's craziness and Holden's bad attitude. Luke and Noah being tortured and mindmucked could have been a great storyline. They could have shown them bonding through the ordeal and becoming a stronger couple. They need a headwriter who will not ignore them.

• Members

You couldn't possibly be talking about "Nurse Joy" because if you are that blasphemous!! :lol:

NUKE was doomed from the start. IMO there was never any real intent by TPTB to tell a comprehensive story about them. They were used as a ploy to attract more viewers and attract them they did. NUKE could be considered the ultimate bait and switch.

The perils of Luke has been a thread running through ATWT for the last umpteen years, starting with him being a Gramaldi and continuing until now with him being a GRAMALDI. He (IMO) has always been insufferable with his spoiled sense of entitlement---then again that's how he was raised. I liked him best when Rose was alive because she seem to get him. Jade(Rose's daugther) kind of got him too, but their relationship has all but been dissolved. And then there's the fact that he is still the youngest members of the JokeDale young adult set (Ali/Casey/Jade/Maddie/etc) that never gets mentioned.

It's to bad that the fans who watch ATWT now (only because of Nuke) didn't watch back in the day because if that were the case, they might have a little more clarity as to why NUKE hasn't evolved more.

• Members

For a long time I hoped Rose was not truly dead, but I can't see NB as Rose, so I guess that dream is gone.

I was just watching some old clips of Emma and Iva and I realized that Seth, Iva, Holden, Caleb, Ellie, Meg, are all still alive. Usually when you have a family that big, you will have at least one of the children killed off. I guess Goutman and Passante probably don't even know Seth or Ellie exist, do they? It's just interesting because most big soap families, you have the death of a child, and how that would affect the matriarch and all the other siblings.

Emma did have a miscarriage when she was young, didn't she? Wasn't that part of Iva's backstory, that Emma and Henry adopted Iva because they thought Emma was barren?

Funny how that turned out...

• Members

^^^The way I remember it, Emma thought that after Seth, she couldn't get pregnant again. That (and the fact Jerrod and Caroline Carpenter couldn't provide for their new baby) led them to adopt her. Although I've never quite bought the fact that two people would give up their child if they could go back east and reclaim some family money.

That's why there's supposed to be a significant age gap between Seth and Caleb and the rest of the Snyder children.

• Members

Because it was all about Nuke. Y'know....if they want to convince me Luke and Noah are interesting...perhaps, just perhaps discussing German expressionist filmmaking and how the light reflects the director's p.o.v (or whatever that [!@#$%^&*] was) ISN'T the most effective way to go.

But it is nice to see Pissy has no qualms about recycling another tired ploy from her AMC days (threatening a gay character with rape) or Hogan's---the most disgusting episode ever, when he wrote Jack strapped into a wheelchair and raped by that psychobitch JuliaI.

You know it's the worst writing ever when you're rooting for little Luciano to be surprised with a bundle of joy in nine months. KNOWING that that would mean even more airtime for Luke as he "emoted" his angst all over the place.

Archived