ATWT: April discussion

• Members

So, Meg's brilliant plan is to goad Paul (a man who's buried a girl in his backyard, shot a man and been in a psych ward in the past calendar year) into a fit of jealous rage to the point of physical violence???

Who says this show isn't sick??

Other than being happy to see Emma (which I think means we've seen every vet this month...) I have no comment on the reDONKulous Nuke/Z/DamLilden mess.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am bad! After Wednesday, I want Lily to leave Holden and get back with Damian. I just don't see the chemistry between the new Lily and Holden that Martha Byrne had, but there's plenty of spark with Damian. Holden's self-righteous Snyder-ness is also getting on my nerves. Lily would not be driven to Damian if Holden had been more reasonable to begin with.

Nice to see Lucinda, aware of what's going on with Luke and Noah. I guess she's moved back out to her own place.

Lisa was involved in two different stories, and the scrapbook thing she mentioned with Damian came into play, wow! Hope she gets more airtime in future as well.

Wednesday was, I believe, a Susan Dansby script. It showed both the strength and the weakness of her writing. Her writing for Lisa felt right because she knew history. However, her too-clever-by-half lines also surfaced, with Katie's painful "Isn't there some sort of Hippocratic Oath for hit-and-run ESPs?" a memorable example of such.

Jade's story was not about having sex with Will and then being hated by Will. Her story was and still is a story of wanting to belong somewhere. This is enough "maturity" for me, I don't need more of a twisted revenge motivation (or aftermath of such) than the minor subtext of revenge that there was.

And I do not agree Luke should have never forgiven Jade. Jade was the first person he came out to and although part of it was for her own reasons, she was still extremely supportive in that key, first conversation. And she's family. The two have a strong foundation in common because they both felt like outsiders in their family and wanted to belong.

• Members

I know! But of course, Holden is still making it a blame game. "It's Damian's fault, he gave Luke the money, it's his family the Grimaldis, we're no closer because of Damian, blah blah, Damian, blah blah, Damian, blah blah blah, Damian put your life at risk Lily." Argh! And Holden has the audacity to say he is the only one putting Luke and Noah first.

I liked Luke and Noah's conversation with each other, including the dark humor, as well as Luke's sympathy for Zoe/Gia. And I liked Zac's frantic reaction after he shot Noah too (showing he does have *some* conscience).

It was good to see Emma, but I have no idea why Holden would swear Emma to secrecy over Luke and Noah being kidnapped. The Grimaldi involvement, perhaps, but the fact they were kidnapped should be a secret, why? It is just a lazy way for the show not to have Meg interacting outside her own story. You don't see this on the far more integrated GL.

About Meg's plan, it's definitely sick, and dangerous. Nonethless, I find it strangely watchable.

Friday looks like it will be boring with a capital B! The Parker/Liberty stuff should be okay, but more Dusty and Lucy smuggling for the "FGA", snoooooooze.

• Members

OMG

I know I say this about every day...but I'm sick of Craig. So much so, the fact Jack upset a five year old doesn't bother me in the least. Craig deserved that shot, and even more so when he "downgraded" Jack to Parker's "adoptive father", as if Craig ever gave a rat's ass about Hal or his memory.

I feel bad for Carly. No matter which way she turns, she's got someone in her face telling her she's wrong. Craig was a complete pig to her. Jack barely gives her time to explain her situation, no matter how innocent. And Parker manages to throw her past in her face nearly every day.

Sigh....here comes St.Janet playing the "he might hurt my baby, 'cause I got slapped around by losers" card. *eyeroll* Then she bans Parker from the farm?? Nice, considering she doesn't own the place, she's mooched off everyone in the Snyder family since she bopped into town, and Parker's lived there more and longer than she has. What a hypocrite...I wish she'd take her spawn and move into the Lakeview.

It was, however, nice to see Brad, unencumbered by the hideous baby plot, talking to Lib.

• Members

I agree. It's something different and it will get Meg out of Paul's orbit.

Parker is totally losing it...LOL. That was the highlight of the show. I am tired of seeing Craig and anything related to him....Lucy..and Dustball...I just ff their scenes.

• Members

re: the spoiler....I don't mind.

I know I'm supposed to be scared of Parker's rages...but all I see is a little boy who's throwing a temper tantrum. It's not a knock on Mick Hazen's acting at all. (I think he handles Parker's anger a lot better than coughsomeonecough I could name.) I think it shows Parker's vulnerability. But TIIC couldn't get him out of the "pouting and angry teen" rut fast enough for my liking.

And KEEP him AWAY from Liberty. That girl is another Gwen. She'll suck all the life out of him.

• Members

Not my Frannie. In my mind, Frannie Hughes is a criminologist and profiler, working with the FBI, a la Clarice Sterling, since she'd have more than some experience with criminal minds. Somehow, I can't see glamourpuss Noelle Beck in that capacity.

I'm not even gonna get into that. Goutman was trippin'. He knows it, and his decision to be stubborn has come back to bite him in the a$$. Hard.

Archived