ATWT: April discussion

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reading your positive reaction to today's episode makes me excited to watch it on tape later, Amity!

P.J., good theorizing about why Parker went to the docks, and I agree the Bay City thing was arbitrary to begin with (nice to get a Bay City mention though). But why would Parker have been looking for Craig at the docks? He had just left Craig at Carly's house a few hours earlier. And why would he be looking for Craig when he blames Craig for everything and told Jack he wanted to be alone?

• Members

LOL...today I think Parker just said he "ended up there". Typical IIC random-bullshit-excuse. In my version, Parker would have overheard Craig saying a shipment was going out. (Sigh...remember the Marland days when everyone just "overheard" the info they needed???) I don't see why he wouldn't confront Craig again, especially since he blames him and senses he's engineering the breakup. (Yes, Parker's reactions are really doing it, but he doesn't see that.)

Today minus Nuke was okay. I'm creeped out beyond belief if

Carly is friggin' breaking my heart.

• Members

How could you say it was awesome? Just because it featured Nuke? The story has so many holes and makes zero sense. The acting by most involved is just awful. Those faces Silbermann made today were cringe worthy.

In that case Parker would have said he overheard Craig.

• Members

Because that's an opinion and I disagree with you. You can seriously badger me all day about why I like what I did and whatnot but it's not going to change my opinion. Sorry?

Yeah, probably. My bad.

• Members

Because I do love Jake Silbermann and think he is a great actor. That in itself is enough to get me jumped on here.

I also think Van Hansis is good. *gasp*

Do I get sent to the guillotine now?

I thought the story today was interesting. There are holes in it, but there are holes in every story Pissy sends our way. I like seeing Noah's commitment to Luke presented very clearly on screen-- Zac and Zoe could do whatever they wanted to him, but he refused to lie to Luke again. I thought the "I don't lie." line was really powerful.

I like seeing Holden. Even when he's acting like a complete asshat, like he was today, I like seeing him, damnit! Does that make me so bad? That I see an otherwise pretty awful show as pretty good just for the minor things? Because I can find it in myself on certain days to find the good in a very bad situation?

Oh, I also loved when Zoe was pressing Noah about whether Luke loves him and he went " I know he does." I love seeing how far they have come together, as a couple

I liked it. That is all. :)

• Members

Sigh....remember the days when you didn't have to guess what a character's motivations were? Even after they'd "been explained"???

All through the incredibly stupid Lilden and Holden/Damian arguments about who was where....I wanted to scream....call Lucinda and have her contacts verify whether or not Noah and/or Damian had used their passports!!! But no...instead we got more of Lily defending Damian, Holden thumping his chest and Luke snottily listing all of Damian's faults. :rolleyes:

• Members

Not everyone hates the show. I still quite enjoy it (most times anyway), so does my mom (who's well in her 60s). I do see plot holes and some things that don't totally make sense, but I'm consistently curious and entertained on the daily. So I guess that's good. That said, I was not a big fan of Holden today, nor a big fan of Jack. Carly really needs to stop doing things to make that man justified of his *rightness*.

• Members

Monday was the "jump the shark" moment for me for the Z/kidnapping story. WTF, Zac isn't even gay? I can't believe how deluded I was two weeks ago when I was gushing about how strangely "realistic", "quirky", and interesting the Z "twins" were. They are just run of the mill villains now. AllMyShadows, if you're out there, I share your disillusionment at the lost potential.

After reading what Amity wrote a few posts up, I do like what the episode said about Luke and Noah's love for each other. Great points there, Amity. I am also happy to see Luke nicer and more rational about Damian, after he'd taken some time to calm down after the blowup last week (which I had also liked for showing Luke's dark side).

Great point, P.J., that they would have been able to check out Damian's story.

ChiTownBoi03, it's nice to see someone else who still enjoys the show most of the time! I would say I fall into that category too, despite the disaster the "Z" story has become.

The Carly/Parker/Jack/Craig stuff on Monday was all okay, nothing particularly noteworthy for me, neither in a good or bad way.

Tuesday looks interesting ... Casey's story is a shining bright thread of relatable "getting started in life" confusion and relationship angst that has never disappointed me in the last few months, and I don't expect tomorrow to be any different.

Archived