ATWT: April discussion

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just watched today's episode on CBS.com.

The Damian/Lisa scene was much too brief, but I loved it nonetheless. I'm SO glad that it's understood that Lisa has a busy social life. The thought of her languishing in the background with nothing to do and a boring life just depresses me. It's great to know that she has a love life...now they just need to actually show some of that. EF looked fab today, as did Paolo. Great scene.

Going once, going twice...and I'm sold on the Z twins. I loved every second of them from start to finish today. The liquor, the Ouiji board, the blackout antics. Pure comedy, without being too silly. I loved Zoe's comments on Luke's real name: "That's a SICK name!! Luciano Grimaaaaldi! Why don't you use that?!" This is the type of age-appropriate storyline that Luke and Noah should have been having since the day they hastily put those two together. I wish that the Z's didn't have anything to do with the whole foundation storyline, though. That just makes it too serious. It should totally be about Noah having an eye that wanders toward Zac. LOVED them together in Luke's room. Noah was so turned on, he couldn't stand it, and if TPTB had guts, they'd milk that story for everything it's worth.

Parker is a controlling asshat! His behavior is borderline obsessive and shouldn't be taken lightly by anyone. Liberty, girl, you are stuck if you don't get out of there ASAP. I don't see anything going well between the two of them. Will and Gwen's teen marriage wasn't as scary. Speaking of which, I wish Hal was still around...he'd knock some sense into Parker with the quickness. I was surprisingly impressed with girlwhoplaysLiberty today. She's a very different actress from what she was just a few months ago.

Tomorrow. Paul...Meg...Dusty...some chick. Yeah. Ahem. Oh look, there's Nancy and Bob! I want some Nancy/Jade bonding! But I also want to have a million dollars, and which is more likely to occur?

• Members

Thanks so much for mentioning some of the recent scenes; those of us who don't watch ATWT very often now need the Cliff Notes. I'm glad Damian and Lisa got to talk. That was the last period where I really enjoyed ATWT. Eduardo/Lisa, then Orlena killing him (those scenes chilled me to the bone), and the lawsuit Lisa filed against John, all the divided loyalties. ATWT at its best. Even the bizarre Orlena recast gaslighting Lily wasn't that awful.

I was a big Damian fan back then and all of his subsequent returns have been disappointments. The man is gorgeous and charismatic and they never seem to know what to do with him. I don't know how long he's supposed to stay around but if they are actually using him in a more proper role this time then I'll have to tune back in.

• Members

I'm with everyone else--happily surprised by the Lisa appearance. i'm SURE the Parker/Liberty story is heading towards a teen domestic abuse story (was this started pre Rhianna/Chris Brown?) but it just feels a bit too obvious right now--I see No charm at all to Parker and no reason Liberty wouldn't have just taken off--I know often that's true in abusive situations but I think we need to see more of the seduction aspect--as it is he just comes off like a socially inept spoiled child.

I'm not sure I find the Z twins age appropriate--I don't know anyone who talks or behaves liek that but... I admit I kinda am entertained with how WTF it is (though if I drank half a bottle of absinthe I wouldn't sober up that fast). But if they're gonna play it weird maybe they should just pull out all the stops--Nicolas Gallbraith has an *awesome* singing voice (he's done a lot of musical theatre--a LOT--but his most high profile was a lead in Grey Gardens and on its CD)--why don't they just start having him randomly sing? :P

• Members

Well, I meant the storyline is kinda age-appropriate. If it wasn't about the foundation stuff and the stuff with Damian, and it was just about the Z twins coming into Luke and Noah's lives, and Zac getting Noah to stray away from Luke, I think that's the kind of story that's perfect for a young gay couple. This is what I mean when I talk about getting tired of every story being a PSA about Luke and Noah being gay. It's high time for them to have stories that are more soapy and less PSA. If TPTB simply did that, I'd probably accept Luke and Noah more than I have. Not forget how utterly botched their entire "relationship" has been, but at least move towards enjoying them and wanting to watch them.

I admit, I actually know people who are like them :lol: I don't know what that says about me and the people around me. I've seen on some other boards where people call them fake/wannabes/poseurs, and I think even Sara Bibel said the same thing, but I don't think so. To me, poseurs are usually the wannabe-emo type, the kind who act uber-serious all the time. Those people are unbearable.

Another thing I really liked about the Nuke/Z twins stuff yesterday, though, and I only realized this after rewatching it this morning, was how slow-moving it all ways. Most of their scenes took place at the house, even when they were split up and Zac/Noah were in Luke's room and Zoe/Luke were downstairs. It would have been two easy for TPTB to have them at the house for two scenes, then send them somewhere else, then send Luke and Noah somewhere else, then split them up, send them somewhere else, etc. I'm glad they decided to keep it simple.

• Members

GAWD....can't we just vote Paul or Meg off the island already?? The time and resources used to perpetuate this horrid story could best be used somewhere else. Honestly, I'd prefer to dump them both and Dusty.

Ugh...FLOVE Nancy....but why couldn't she just have had a nice talk with Casey?? It was bad when Nancy suddenly became Katie's sage confidante, but I got a sinking feeling now they'll keep throwing that hoochie Jade at her.

• Members

So I keep waiting for some hidden camera to come out or Chris to come on and say the whole Z twin thing is a joke. Cause really, just when you thought the writing for Nuke couldn't get any worse--it does.

PJ--we agree! I so am over Paul and Meg---I swear, it's the same damn scene every time too. And not a good one.

Parker needs his ass kicked, and all I want is Liberty to finally say she's had enough and boot him to the curb. Kudos to Meredith Hagner for saving and selling the scenes and the story (I like Mick, but his angry has one note. Which actually kind of works for being around Jack)

• Members

I swear, if Bloomie didn't have a hard on for ex-ABC actors, Howarth and Wilson probably would have been out on their asses years ago. I've gone back and forth on Wilson, but Howarth...ugh. Not that the writing is doing him any favors. But there's nothing inherently rootable about Paul as played by him either.

I hope that when this all hits the fan with Carly, the writing for Parker eases up. I don't like not liking Parker. And I think Mick is a very capable young actor who can do a lot more than what's been given him.

Meredith has grown in the role of Liberty...but I still wish they'd just ship her off. As long as she's the only teen girl in town, she'll always be in Parker's storyline, and that's bad. VERY bad. IMO.

• Members

As Fanny Brice (actually, Barbra Streisand in "Funny Girl") once said:

It cost me a lot,

But there's one thing that I've got, it's my man

Cold and wet tired, you bet,

But all that I soon forget with my man

He's not much for looks

And no hero out of books is my man

Two or three girls has he

That he likes as well as me, but I love him...

• Members

To think I found most of that stuff bad...LOL. The Orlena stuff was written by head writer Richard Culliton. I didnt hate it per say..but once Claire Bloom left and Milgrim took over it got so cartoonish. I have a feeling Richard Culliton didnt end the way he wanted to. Milgrim wasnt really accepted by the fans in the role of Orlena.

The lawsuit with John and Lisa wasnt my cup of tea. I liked the characters involved but the storyline was poop..lol. But it was miles better than what Passanante is giving us now.

• Members

You know what's really annoying? All the storylines go by at lightning speed, save for the ones that really, REALLY suck. The baby storyline, for example. What the hell made JP think viewers would be even slightly interested in this crap? There's nothing original about it. NOTHING. I could have told you how this would turn out from the start. The writers might think they're subtle, but they're just NOT.

And I'm sure we still have months and months of this crap to endure...

I like Henry and Vienna and Brad and Katie, and particularly the people who portray them, but DAMN. The storyline SUCKS.

Archived