ATWT: April discussion

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big fat word! I kept thinking the same thing throughout the whole episode.

I'm sure some fans are going to "appreciate" the Z's making Nuke kiss and make up. I hope that actor and actress know that they just inherited a shitload of devotees.

To each his own, but wow. This would only work for me if everyone around Luke called him out for the hypocrite he is. Noah might do it, but Luke would bite his head off if he did, and we'd never hear from it ever again. Luke would then be proved right about EV-RY-THING!! Damian will be evil, he'll try to rape Lily. The Z's are going to be evil, they're going to drug Noah so that Zac can have his way with him. Damian will go away, the Z's will probably die somewhere along the way. And then it's May.

• Members

I hate the addition of these twits. They're complete idiots whom I find offensive. Cleo was just repulsive. They made her gross. The twins are ridiculous.

And Luke grates on my nerves - of course he thinks the twins are harmless - Ugh. Noah seems to be the voice of reason. Too bad Luke doesn't listen.

• Members

No, I don't think it is. Luke is never held accountable for his actions. God forbid anyone question Luke on his intentions, because they are wrong!, poor little Luke is just hurt, confused, blah blah blah blah-di-blahblah. Luke continually makes excuses for his actions, while people like Lily, Holden, Noah and Lucinda coddle him. NO ONE holds him accountable. He doesn't accept responsibility and grow as a person. He just flits off to his next story, repeating his self-righteous attitude to the next bunch of stupid plot devices. Every word out of Luke's mouth is made gospel by the writers, because the "world" can't accept a gay man being wrong about anything.

The day Luke truly gives others the same respect he expects everyone to give him is the day he'll graduate from "PSA Luke" to an admirable, if flawed, and interesting character.

• Members

Luke is going to be wrong about Damian being behind the threats, I can feel it coming. And not held accountable? Luke was kicked out of school for cheating on the election.

Also, all of the other leading-man, consistently self-righteous characters on ATWT do not give others respect, or do and then quickly forget -- Dusty, Jack, Parker, even Holden. It's a perhaps deliberate pattern, perhaps not deliberate, but the pattern is there for both gay and straight characters. By the way, they too have good intentions. I don't think it is or should be a matter of questioning intentions.

• Members

Another bad show. Meg and Paul going in circles in their storyline. Saint Luke right about everything. He is such an annoying SOB. The Z twins or whatever the hell they are just plain stupid..dumb..nonsense s h i t. Susan Dansby one of ATWT best writers wrote todays show. I dont know how she made it writing all the crap.

• Members

Luke was kicked out of school by characters who don't matter. The ones who DO matter, like his mom, his dad, his grandmother, his boyfriend, his friends, etc, didn't really come down hard on him. If they tried to get on his ass for his transgression, he'd self-righteously get right back on their ass and justify all of the crap he pulled. Even when he does own up to his mistakes, I don't know if it's the way Van is playing it or if he's being told to play it this way or if it's just me, but it always seems like Luke has that feeling of "All right, all right, we'll just say that I was wrong," but all the while, if someone asked him right now if he was wrong for cheating in the election, he'd launch into another spiel about how it was right.

Everyone has their opinions, I just want to say. I don't want anyone to think I'm stomping on their view of how the show's stories are done. IMO, Luke just sucks.

• Members

Seriously the boring tedious Meg/Paul story has been going on forever without any ending in sight. Yet, other stories which have promise are dropped with a snap of a finger. The wrong stories are being dropped for the sake of the bad ones like Meg and Paul. Nuke is just awful. They havent had one good story in the bunch. Brian coming along was good but it was dropped in favor of the Z twins morning cartoon show. Goutman continues to wear blinders. The man is as awful as Ellen Wheeler.

• Members

Yeah, you got me. Some dayplayer nobody kicked his butt outta school. Does he GAS? Not from what I've seen. Nope, after having mom and dad coddle him (and ignore his drinking, another dropped plot point, I guess, since Carly's now the town drunk) he's now off saving the world with his foundation. Meanwhile, Casey constantly has Tom, Margo and Ali on his ass to get back to school. NO one makes excuses for him.

Dusty, Jack, Parker and Holden are shown admitting their mistakes to varying degrees. Other characters regularly get in their face and tell them exactly what they think of them. That's not the case with Luke. Would we ever see Noah in Luke's face like Lucy or Meg were in Dusty's today? Not hardly.

And I guaran-damn-tee that if Luke ever admits he was wrong about Damian, he'll launch into a spiel about how Damian hurt him, and make it all about him. Luke always does.

I was shocked Susan wrote today's show. Usually her writing (no matter how bad the acting) comes across on screen. I probably should have guessed though when Damian called Lily "cara". She's probably the only one with enough history with the show to remember a detail like that.

I don't understand why they stick with Meg/Paul either. They can't possibly ever try to put those two back together. I get the feeling that couple is seriously over.

• Members

I stopped paying attention to Paul and Meg a good two and a half years ago. Once Paul split with Emily, I had no use for him. It's the kids that get me. Eliza is the third child in the last couple of years that everyone on this show is desperate to have. Cabot! Johnny! Eliza! Give me Meg falling up the stairs and rupturing her spleen, and I'm all for it.

• Members

You know something was going to happen to Eliza. It's Jean's theme. Her writing is so unoriginal and so predictable. The woman has no good ideas for stories anymore. He(Goutman) continues to feed her bad ideas for stories. The two together are a train wreck. Nancy Curlee was right. If P&G and CBS really wanted to save these shows Goutman and Pissant would have been fired by now. Changes would have been made long time ago.

• Members

What about "Orange Crate Ceilia"?? She surely must be somewhere at the top of the list.

The Z's ARE annoying but isn't that exactly the point. Being annoying is the best way to turn people off, especially when your up to something.

• Members

I don't think that Meg and Paul are far from over. JP and CG are going to continue to have them manipulating each other, in whatever mating dance TIIC will come up for them in the next episode. Nothing says true love, like watching someone strip, so that they can try and get their child back.

I've come to the conclusion that Luke AND Noah will never be allowed to have another romantic relationship with ANY (credible or not) new gay male characters introduced on the show, because TPTB can't have them be seen or thought of as being "promiscuous".

So, they'll continue to have ups and downs and miscommunications with each other, but NUKE will be together FOREVER. Or, until the show's cancelled.

We'll have to see if the remaining soaps, will actually have the guts to CREATE and LET their potential gay male characters BEHAVE like other straight male characters on their soap operas. Letting them have at least 2 to 3 romantic relationships happen in their character's lives ON the show.

Archived