ATWT: April discussion

• Members

I agree. Today's show felt off. Luke huffing and puffing that Noah hadnt called or come by. It made zero sense with the way the day before eppy ended. I kept thinking Luke was dreaming. This is the reason why ATWT stinks right now by what you just said Eric.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's potential that's wasted in the worst way. I wanted Cheri to stick around for a good long while, but what happened to her? Murdered. She wasn't even the villain of the month outside of pimping out Emily, she just got mixed up with the villain of the month (the Colonel). The show keeps doing that to peripheral characters that I like! Carly's stripping buddy Chardonnay? I wanted to see more of her! But she's long gone. Served a purpose, deemed "bad," shown the door. Ugh.

I knew that it wasn't going to be any different with Zac and Zoe. The signs were all there, and if you just look at recent history, you could tell where it was going. Few new characters introduced on this show actually stick around and get fleshed out. They serve a purpose for one storyline and are either murdered, arrested, kidnapped, run away, or whatever. There are *no* contract characters on the show that were introduced prior to 2000, and I know that too many new characters is never a good thing, but too few new characters is pretty bad too.

I ache when I think of how good this Luke/Noah/Zac/Zoe thing could have been if it were intended to play out over a year or so, and with good writers/producers. We'd see a more serious side to the Z twins along the way, and they wouldn't come off so over-the-top. They'd still be spacey, but we'd understand why! I can see the scenes playing in my head and hear the dialogue! It's just so frustrating...but then again, it's exactly how I feel when I think about the way Luke and Noah were put together. That could have been some deep, deep stuff happening over a year or so, with Maddie growing increasingly paranoid, and Luke and Noah slowly becoming attracted to each other. There was a way to make the audience feel for all three sides (Maddie, losing another boyfriend because of something she can't control; Noah, fighting what his heart wants because of what his father wants; Luke, feeling rejected by another friend-turned-crush, this time one who reciprocates), but ugggghhhhh it bites.

• Members

Errrr... I agree. The last thing he said was "Ciao Luciano.", to him with a teasing smile on his face. It definitely didn't seem like they were on bad terms when he left, which is when Luke said was the last time he saw him.

I'd hate to be Luke's boyfriend when my cell phone battery died!

Oh, and the weird comment about how Noah likes to talk about it when he's upset. Erm... what Noah are we talking about exactly? :o

• Members

The script today was so inconsistant in general--first obvious things liek why would Luke even THINk he was in Europe--could he even fly there that fast? I suppose but still..

but yeah, that line about Noah lieks ot talk when he's upset--and then later on he says to Noah something like "you ALWAYS run away"... umm... :huh:

• Members

Well that's exactly it--if this story wasn't so telegraphed and rushed--even if they still had gone with the cliched "opoh they'r ebad and they kidnap Noah" Perils of Luciano storyline it would have at least been more fulfilling as a soap viewer. This is whypeopel watch soaps to get to knwo characters, try to figure them out, over a period of time--maybe the cliche bad guy twist woulda even been a genuine shcok if we had been led to believe for a month or more that they were good guyws--if Luke and Noah had actually started to be won over by them (instead of Luke instantly decising they're harmless after finding htem creepy before) etc.

• Members

Okay. Here's the one thing I can say to possibly make sense of it (I find myself grabbing at straws with this show on a regular basis).

There really wasn't a fight. Obviously. Luke and Noah HAVE been bickering about Damian's return off and on since he came back, but there was never really this BIG blow-up fight that seems to be missing.

Luke is ridiculously insecure. All it took was his boyfriend going to comfort a friend for him to automatically think he was boinking her or whatever and get drunk and go mack on his Grandpappy... so it's only natural that if Noah doesn't call him for a couple days HE WANTS TO BREAK UP WITH MEH OM EM GEE... etc.

Noah was trying to explain the reason he was gone... he didn't want Luke to worry and Zac was probably telling him what to say anyway... Luke said "we had an argument, a difference of opinion."... which IS what happened. I don't think we're supposed to think there was ever a fight, because there wasn't. Noah just needs a reason to explain to Luke why he's gone... anyway. There's my POV... I'm not going to waste any more thought or energy on it because it's useless... these writers need to find a new calling.

• Members

David L. wrote today's script. It all goes back to Jean Passanante and not knowing how to pace a storyline. She goes from point A to Point C and leaves out Point B. Now all that is left is Point D to be told. This woman is a hack for storytelling and Goutman continues to allow this sloppy writing to continue.

• Members

I am still in COMPLETE awe that she's still at ATWT--since she was the all time worse writer at my fave soap AMC and actually RAN away from the show leaving them writer less because of rumours she was going to be fired it seems even more bizarre. She is a writer peopel like as a brakdown writer (surprisingly as her pacing when she HWs is so bad) she did that role and got a lot of praise forit when Malone and Griffith wrote OLTL so well in the mid 90s, and I believe that's what she did under Sheffer (but I didn't watch AS then so can't comment)

Archived