ATWT: April discussion

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't even realize until yesterday that they were only introduced about two weeks ago. As you said, therein lies the problem. I personally like them, but the general audience probably doesn't care one way at all about them and this time next month, there will be no reason to care about them at all because they'll be gone, gone, gone.

Perils of Luciano :lol: :lol:

Noah and Zac in Luke's bed, with Luke downstairs...now that's what I want to see lol

I keep watching for the same reason I watch all the other soaps. I'm no fan of immense change, so even when a show sucks, I find comfort in turning it on and seeing Paul and Meg are still arguing over someone's kid, Carly is still trying to move heaven and earth to get back with Jack, and Lily is still Drama Queen Numero Uno de Oakdale. I want better stories and the show frustrates me at times, but their job is to entertain, I guess, and even when it's bad, I'm still entertained. Also, and I've said this time and time again, ATWT can be chock full of horridly-paced, redundant storylines, but somehow, in the middle of all that, they're able to put on a excellent episode every once in a while.

But that's just me, though. My standards are known to be low.

PS: When I was talking about wasted potential with Maddie/Noah/Luke, I kept thinking about this picture that I saw once, and it just illustrates to me everything that story could have and should have been, but wasn't. It's here.

• Members

Actually Susan Dansby would have been great to be promoted to HW. She knows the history of the show better than anyone on the show now excluding Vivian Gundaker. Richard has been HW before at ATWT and did a better job than Passanante.

• Members

Personally, I disagree. Her scripts are nothing special. I think Levinson and Lisa Connor are their best SW's.

Whoever created the term "monster" for Noah... well, they need to be fired. :P

Are you talking about that Cheryl Davis woman? I saw an ep from her back in July-- she wrote the Cyndi Lauper one, actually.

• Members

Well, she doesn't have much competition. I'm saying in comparison to the other writers, I think she is... one of the least bad?

I think Levinson has talent, especially given what he has to work with.

• Members

The time codes on this board are wacky. I'm on CDT, and posted after 2, when GL was on.

Ugh...I think my eyes crossed so hard they hurt during that crappola. Like teenLily wasn't a headstrong, cut corners, "I'm goin' to Montega to save my sister! drama Queen. And don't get me started on rebelHolden, King of "beat them up first and ask questions later" school.

If Katie hadn't said something like "we've got six months to go before our ba-bee gets here, I would have thought Vienna would be dropping that kid next week! Seriously, it looked like they put Ewa in an outfit two sizes too small to make her boobs and tummy stick out even more.

I was completely confused during Luke's stuff. I couldn't make heads or tails of whether or not they're living together, if they'd had a fight...it was all like WTH??

It's weird....I loathe Nuke. I don't particularly like Olivia and Natalia on GL (seriously, I've never liked CC, and I think Jessica L is one of the most boring actors on that show)...but today I could not FF through that story, because it was a classic soap story, aside from the fact it featured two women. That's exactly the problem with Nuke---they do the worst kind of soapy stories---the cartoon villian threatening our heroic couple.

I doubt she'll ever go now that she's HW and doing breakdowns. TIIC won't be able to find anyone willing to do both jobs for one salary.

HEY....Susan Dansby ROCKS!!! (Okay....I think the last eppy she wrote sucked---I forget why I thought that though...) I think exactly the opposite...the SW saves this show. I think this show has the best dialogue on daytime. If you just listen to what the characters say (without judging the story, I mean) sometimes it's almost lyrical. It's hard to describe the impact. But maybe the fact I go from B&B from ATWT makes it even more pronounced.

• Members

Well, I definitely agree with you on the dialogue... in comparison to B&B, at least. How that show is consistantly #2 is BEYOND me.

"Save us from what?"

"Your own boring selves!"

and "Hey Monster." isn't all that lyrical, though. :P Definitely depends who's writing that day.

• Members

UGH....listening to Janet makes me want to hurl. First she's lecturing Libby about how marriage isn't about "compromising your dreams", then she's all like "Parker's so possessive", as if the kid doesn't even have the right to ask Liberty where she is. (Okay, he's overpossessive, but Janet's such a freakin' hypocrite....she'd keep LibbyLou on a chain leash if she could...)

AS IF Janet hadn't "compromised" every one of her "dreams" about marriage to settle for a man she knows is still in love with Carly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH...I didn't think I could hate anyone worse than Katie-on-crack-to-nail-Simon-and-Carly a few years ago, but Janet works every one of my last nerves with her idiocy. I can't wait until tomorrow, 'cause from the previews, it looks like Carly might just bitchslap her into next week.

• Members

Janet needs to STFU. NOW!!! OH, how I wish Craig hadn't stepped between her and Carly, because Carly was getting ready to bitchslap her. And Janet deserved it.

I actually felt bad for Parker today. Probably unpopular, but true. I loved the scenes between him and Jack.

Paul/Meg...snore. Seriously....isn't this just the Meg marries Craig to get what she wants story recycled?

LOL...KungFuDusty with his greasy locks flying through the air....hilarious!

Archived