ATWT: April discussion

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I guess I can give the devil some due....Luke's almost pleasant to watch today, after his boyfriend attacks Zoe before she can give Luke a blowjob. Who knew Luke could actually admit he might be wrong??

Even Parker was in a good mood...of course, getting a car will do that for a teenage boy. I even loved the gobsmacked look ol'Craigy got on his face when Jack called him on giving that money to Parker to work on Carly.

Of course, TIIC had to then have Carly reverse her field and nearly beg Craig to be her partner....*sigh* :rolleyes:

But on the whole, an encouraging, almost hopeful day in Oakdale.

• Members

i gotta disagree. i hated the whole show.

luke's hospital bed scenes were PUTRID, especially since jake s. is worse in every episode he appears in. he plays everything the same way. and his and luke's "love" is syrupy, sickeningly sweet -- and not real at all.

parker was in a good mood? i hate the kid no matter WHAT mood he's in. i want him to wreck that car before the end of the week, and if he dies, he dies. horrible storyline, horrible actor. and carly was incredibly annoying in her "motherly" talk with parker about the new car.

margo is the cop from hell. she doesn't do anything that makes any sense, but she's a big pain in the ass.

i think 8th graders wrote the entire episode.

• Members

Either I'm sinking to a new low in taste or ATWT is getting watchable. I really liked the whole ending of the Grimaldi capers. I think what I liked most is the realistic through line of Damien/Luke's relationship. Damien really won me over the same way he did Luke and Lily. And gosh - I never thought I'd say it, but Noelle Beck is really good as Lily. She's still not Lily, but she doesn't make me want to vomit anymore. I hope they bring more Grimaldi maddness to the show - hello Orlena!!!!

• Members

Well, I do have a touch of a cold....:lol:

I just thought that by the end (and honestly, I couldn't tell you a word of whatever Nuke said in the hospital) there was a feeling of family that has been sadly lacking on the show. The entire hour wasn't filled with everyone screaming at each other. They talked. Luke actually talked to Damian, and made a very good point---he doesn't know Damian.

I'm not digging Lily so much, but that moment when Damian kissed her hand----that was nearly romantic.

And I FLOVED the Carly/Parker talk. Sure---he was still a little too smug. But he explained his p.o.v---and I think it was typical teen thinking---for Parker, Craig forking over that money was an apology. Even though if you go back to Friday's episode, it clearly wasn't. Craig was telling Parker money wouldn't solve his problems, and gave him the money to prove it.

It shows how people hear what they want to hear. Craig doesn't get how giving Parker some adult validation (mostly to piss off Jack) has added to Parker's problems.

• Members

LOL...Parker's five minutes of happiness flew out the door on hearing the news Carly was in trouble again and Janet showing up with her wishy-washy "let's be friends" brat.

Seriously...Janet can't let her seventeen year old daughter be alone at the farm overnight?? UGH...and the more TIIC push Janet as the Saint, the more she annoys the living HELL out of me.

Add Craig to that list with his practiced snark at the OPD. I guess I'm supposed to sympathize with his "I'm being persecuted" mantra. It would be easier to do if he wasn't walking around Oakdale free, and everyone didn't know Katie was lying about his last alibi.

The only reason I'm annoyed with Dusty's 'tude is because it's ultimately causing Carly grief. I wish him luck in riding Craig's ass all the way to Statesville prison.

Archived