Former AMC star Collin Egglesfield joins "Melrose Place"

• Members

From a daytime soap to a primetime one -- "All My Children" hunk Colin Egglesfield is the latest actor to check into CW's "Melrose Place."

On the CBS Par-produced ensemble drama, Egglesfield will play one of the leads, Melrose Place's resident Auggie. An avid surfer, Auggie works as a sous-chef at a hot restaurant while dreaming of one day working for himself.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/03/melr...ield-joins.html

I really like Colin, but have no interest in this show.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ew. Word to the "Auggie" hate. If his full name is August, they should call him that...because August is a sexxxy name.

But I'm glad my boy got a primetime gig! And to think, people scoffed when the idea of him doing primetime would come up. It may be the CW, but it's still primetime!

• Members

He's handsome, he's charismatic, and his acting improved leaps and bounds when he was at AMC. As long as he still keeps that charisma, then he's a perfect fit for Melrose. I really hope he has a hit because I'm still kind of sad about the way AMC wrote him out.

• Members

Typical. As always soaps keep the people who would not get arrested anywhere else (Minshew for one) and let the people with potential go. The fans were so hard on this guy, with the whole abortion rap, they never gave him a chance. His looks alone made him a keeper for soaps, but instead they cling to hacks like Thorsten Kaye and Michael Easton.

• Members

I'm betting that his full name is actually Augustine. I also get the feeling that he'll be playing the part of the pretty-faced bad boy/son-of-a-bitch on wheels who's employed at a hot restaurant. I always felt Colin had the look of a schemer (which Josh definitely was) during his run on AMC.

Archived