Former AMC star Collin Egglesfield joins "Melrose Place"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I never understood what the big deal was. I hated the original 90210 with a burning passion. It was just trash. And not in a good way. And the remake... Thomas? So not his kind of show. Then we had Judah & Sachs, again — what are they doing there? Perhaps good writers, but soapiness is not their thing.

And on top of all that Rebecca Rand Kirshner... :rolleyes: Who had that brilliant idea?

Now the Smallville guys are showrunning Melrose... :mellow:

• Members

Anyone know yet how/if this new cast of characters will be tied to the previous Melrose residents? And will it be the same apartment complex or a new, different building on the same block?

I don't have high hopes for this at all. Rewatching a recent Melrose episode from its best era, you just can't recreate an original. And I lost interest in the new 90210 after the 3rd episode.

• Members

Okay, I can buy that 'cuz he'd be in his early 20's by now.

If they want a junior Amanda Woodward that's related to the original, they could always say Amanda's mother Hillary (played by Linda Gray who went on to headline the short-lived MODELS INC.) had another younger daughter and bring her on.

I suppose the possiblities are endless in terms of bringing on never-before-mentioned relatives of the original castmembers, who just so happen to move in to the same apartment complex 15 years later. :)

Archived