OLTL: Discussion for the Week of March 23rd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know I kept waiting for Shane to say how much it cost him, Gigi, and Rex to go to "Disney World for six days and seven nights," and how good a deal it would be.

Disney and ABC must be getting desperate for cash. :lol:

Yeah....post #7,100. :)

• Members

You make it sound like Moe and Noelle are eating up tons of airtime. Out of the 19 episodes so far this month, Moe has been in 3 and Noelle in only 1.

That being said....Viki has only been in 6 and Charlie only 1.

The airhogs so far for March are Starr, Rex, and Gigi.......who each have 16 episodes under their belts so far.

• Members

I confess, I don't even look at epi counts anymore. It's so obvious that there are only a handful of characters who genuinely have a story, and everybody else is barely visible. For awhile, OLTL was perhaps the most balanced soap on the air. Now, my guess would be, it's one of the most poorly balanced, and sadly the lion's share of the screentime is monopolized by characters, I could care less about.

And I'm really disappointed that Rex's paternity, a story I've actually looked forward to for a very long time, is fulfilling prop duty for evil Stacy's eeeeeeevil purposes. Rex isn't my favorite character, but this should have been a highly entertaining story if it was about Rex, and Roxy and the reason Roxy was so desperate to keep the truth from Rex. As it is, however, it's only another tool for Stacy to use against Gigi. It may change, but until it does, who cares about Stacy's supposed grand obsession with Rex.

Spoilered because I haven't been watching daily and I'm not sure if this aired yet.

• Members

^^That's fine. And I agree with pretty much everything you said....

And with 19 out of 22 episodes which have aired so far this month, the episode count totals so far are very telling....

The balance is way out of whack, with the contract cast counts ranging from 16 (Starr, Rex, Gigi) to 1 (Charlie).

The balance is way, way off. And just a few short months ago, the balance was fairly even (given where it was only a year ago).

• Members

I am having trouble tuning into this show, I just can't seem to be interested in it.

But I did love Ron's first stint as HW from fall of 2007 to Feb/Mar 2008. After that I just lost all interest.

Why must all ABC soaps scream Frons? The man should stay away...

Archived