OLTL: Discussion for the Week of March 23rd

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I miss Viki and Charlie :( . Although it was nice to see Viki, but I miss the coupling of Viki/Charlie.

I must confess, I so did not expect to like Dorian and Ray, but they are actually intriguing. Go figure.

Love seeing Tea showing up Todd where the kids are concerned. Granted I don't think John is husband material, I know its just a ploy so that Blair can keep custody of the kids. But its nice to see someone, one up Todd Manning.

Cole is a total disgrace.

Stacy is pure evil. But yet, her evilness is not making me feel bad for Rex/Gigi, and I think I am suppose to.

• Members

Wow, Blair and John are married? Thats a twist I didnt see coming. Its completely dumb though if they did it only to help retain custody of the kids. What judge would ever give Todd custody? Besides Blair is awake now and about to come home

• Members

I am not liking this show now.

The balance is so off it is pathetic.

And where are Viki and Charlie! Charlie is a contract player, right? So he gets 1 episode a month now? Yet Stacy is on non-stop? No thank you Mr. Frons. I am pissed Viki has no story whatsover, other then to listen to all the harping, and even more pissed Charlie is less than recurring and has absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Ever since the strike the show has screwed over Viki and Charlie and I do not get it. On top of that the balance for this show is just ridiculous it makes the show unwatchable. Frons can stuff it, so can Mr. Carlivati. Finally, isn't Charlie Jared's dad? Why are there no Bank's men scenes especially since Jared is marrying Viki's daughter? :angry:

• Members

It's like Jared is suddenly fatherless and Charlie is childless. I've always been fond of Charlie and Viki and the backburnering of them is shameful. I really don't get it. If BK decided to say "F-You, OLTL" and leaves on his own accord, who could blame him?

Was Starr Manning on every friggin' day this week?

• Members

Jared and Natalie only exist to move plot, usually Jessica's plot. Charlie doesn't move plot.

I'm surprised he hasn't had a few more scenes with Gigi, or with Moelle, but Frons probably hates him, and hates what his relationship with Viki represents.

• Members

What's not to get? To quote a certain someone: "It's the economy, stupid". They can have a week's worth of strippers and high schoolers for the price of one Viki episode. This is just another example of the network playing hardball to force Slezak & Smith into a paycut or recurring with the likes of Kerwin and Ver Dorn caught in the crossfire of the backstage drama.

Sure Slezak brought in a lot of revenue when CapCities owned ABC, but she hasn't justified her salary since Disney took over. She needs to fish or cut bait. At this point, she can no longer passive agressively attempt to outlast the current regime like she's always done in the past.

• Members

So, I had to see what you were talking about.

The show sucked me in. I had to watch every second. And I enjoyed every second. From more of an "outside" perspective, I wasn't really missing Viki or Nora or Clint or Bo or vets. I was just really digging all these engaging performers and storylines. Sure, Gigi and her sister are over the top, but that's a variant of the "drama queen", and it works. More important, JPL SOLD me on his heartbreak in those remarkable scenes with his son "Chemo Boy". T-Rex indeed.

- Brody (just the best young soap stud to come along in years), and those wonderful flashbacks.

- Jessica (a bit too chirpy, but I love love love love love switched baby stories...ALWAYS)

- Cole peeing in a cup...so different. It's their "issue" storyline, and it seemed just fine to me

- Best of all, thwarted love! Just as Jessica decides to reach out to Brody...well...Gigi needs him.

- In his hour of darkest need, Rex needs Gigi but ... well ... there's stripper Stacy and Gigi is going over to Brody's arpartment...can't be good

- So, too, Marty finally ready to reach out to John...but oops, he married Blair (GREAT ending)

- even Dorian and Cruz Castillo with an accent -- er -- Ray...I dug it. It is nice to see her flirting.

Archived