B&B: Week of March 23, 2009

• Members

As much as Rick annoys me....I had to stand up and cheer when he finally put things in perspective for Thomas. His lush of a mother sexed up Rick, then broke Rick's heart and dumped him. THANK GOD. I hate the "Rick used Ridge's women to get back at him" crap.

Now...if only we could have years of people blaming negligent, horny Taylor for her mal-adjusted son's actions. YEARS.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B has been disaster for years. I realised the show was turning into a joke after Thorne and Brooke broke up and I realised that TPTB had no intention of investing in any storyline or couple and just wanted to tell the storylines they had in mind.

The characters have lost their credibility; sophisticated Stephanie turned into an lunatic lesbian stalker, Eric is disgusting, Brooke changes from Alice Horton to an obsessive vixen every few months, Ronn Moss (B&B's DrakeH) is too old to play a sexy playboy and too bad of an actor to play a patriatrch, Lucas Prentiss-wannabe Nick turned into Ridge2, promising Owen and Marcus turned into wallpaper, Taylor changed from early Marlena Evans to Sue Ellen Ewing, Katie and her troubles belong to a telenovela from the eighties, Bridget is pathetic, etc..

We had the Donna show, the Katie show, these days we have the Rick show. Then Brad Bell realises that viewers only care about Ridge and Brooke (do they really?) and we return to the classic never-ending storyline. Then he hires a big name.

These days the show is worse than ever. No stability at all, even the senior characters behave like spoiled kids, this is not even entertaining. The only way to save the show is to get rid of the characters who just don't work anymore. Is this a show about Eric and Stephanie's family? About Brooke's family? About Ridge and Taylor's family? About Eric and Brooke's family? Since this is a soap with a very small cast, it just can't feature all these people at the same time.

Get rid of Rick and Bridget, Nick, Jackie and Katie, have Ridge and Taylor remarry, recast Thomas and have Brooke run Spectra against the Forresters. Something like Alexis vs. Blake and Krystle. Wishful thinking: recast Ridge and hire an actor to play the part. Brooke should be the only Logan romantically connected to the Forresters, everything happened very quickly to Donna and she should divorce Eric and work with Brooke. Her character should be a cross between Darla and Gabrielle Solice. Eric and Stephanie don't work as a couple to me, they are better as friends. If they just have to keep Jackie around, have her marry Eric and keep her son as far away from L.A. as possible. Bring a teenaged Hope Logan, who is a real troublemaker. Turn Owen into Clarke of the new generation and bring Owen's father for Felicia and Donna to fight over.

Good luck with that! :)

• Members

Like...I CAN see why you like them...

But it's just *SICK* to me since they're basically members of the same Lucky Sperm Club...I really like JMW...but it's Lowder who drives me nuts. He comes off as *so fabulous* I just can't buy him with any woman.

• Members

LOVING Thomas. Everything about him is making sense and Im glad he's venting. I really wish they'd give DTB a contract bc Id rather watch him than a bunch of newbies they tend to parade on our screens every few months

Where the heck is Eric? Is McCook on vacation bc his character's absense throughout everything thats been happening to his family is odd

• Members

Uggghhhh!! I was hoping that Ridge would strangle the crap out of Rick. Sick bastard just basically admitted that he is in fact using Steffy to get at Ridge. "Your @$$ is mine. And so is Steffy's." That smirk! Grrrrrrr!!!!! I hope he chokes on one of Pam's lemon bars. LOL!

• Members

Rick was disgusting today, there's no argument there. But I'm not convinced it proves he's been using Steffy all along...I think it proves he's got no qualms about using Thomas to get back at Ridge, and that he'll shove his relationship with Steffy in Ridge's face every chance he gets. That ultimately doesn't say a lot about how much he respects his girlfriend.

• Members

Hallelujah! Jack Wagner got a haircut, and picked a less "acid wash" kind of hair color! Now if he'd just go see DaytimeFan, all would be well.

jack_wagner.JPG

On Topic: How can Rick be all sanctimonious about letting Thomas get away with what he did? Rick shot Grant Chambers without consequences. Also, the Logans allowed Storm to get away without consequences for shooting Stephanie.

(And let's not forget the history, although this is likely not known to Rick: Thorne got away with shooting Ridge; Ridge tried to get away with throwing Shane's body overboard and framing Nick).

• Members

Sorry to do an immediate followup post, but OMG...why didn't anyone tell me about this scene?? :)

Roger Newcomb pointed me to it...and it was beautifully blood chilling. Wow! It leveraged all the sickness (pun intended) of B&B and put it in our face as ... sickness! Not a romance to be stomached...but sickness!

If they write Rick this way, I can tolerate him forever. Because we're not "rooting" for him...we're being made to understand that he is vile, disgusting, foul, horrid.

Kudos to David Shaughnessy for stellar direction and -- yup -- Shannon Bradley for a helluva script!

Text from this site.

So, so, so much in that speech. Obviously, throwing all the sexuality in Ridge's face. But referencing his disgust at Brooke's use as a sexual object, and referencing all the public sex that Ridge has flaunted over the years (office, steam room, open bedroom doors).

Then "ride of her life"...that one is chilling...because it references how Phoebe died.

And, of course, it suggests the route out of this mess. Contrary to other posters, it shows Rick's sudden interest in Steffy is not sincere. He may enjoy it, he may be into it...but the root of the attraction is to screw with Ridge (how deliciously Freudian). And so, if Ridge just plays along -- if he is totally supportive of the relationship and encourages it and smiles and shows no discomfort -- Rick will drop Steffy suddenly and instantly. This is only going to be fun for Rick if he is messing with Ridge...so Ridge has to deny him that satisfaction.

Sadly, happily, I think B&B might be back on my DVR...even before

. I'm that fickle.

Archived