B&B: Tylo Gives 'Abusive' Boyfriend Another Chance

• Members

American actress Hunter Tylo has settled her differences with her allegedly abusive boyfriend after the pair underwent couples therapy.

The former The Bold and the Beautiful star, 46, filed for a restraining order against Corey Cofield last year, claiming he abused her children.

In the legal documents, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Tylo alleged one of her young daughters had complained to their family doctor that Cofield was "yelling at her and her sister and hitting them with a belt". The youngster also accused Cofield of making them do "excessive push ups" for long periods of time.

Tylo also recounted one occasion when Cofield is said to have trapped her in her bedroom and grabbed her by the throat, reports TMZ.com.

Cofield denied all allegations, but a judge granted Tylo the restraining order last May, forcing her lover to stay away from her and her family.

However, it has now emerged the actress had the ban terminated in October after Cofield agreed to seek treatment for his behavioural problems.

The termination request suggested he had "been taking parenting classes" and had "attended family and couple's therapy".

Tylo has three kids from previous relationships: son Christopher Morehart from her first marriage to Tom Morehart, and daughters Izabella and Katya from her relationship with Michael Tylo. Her son, Michael Tylo, Jr., drowned in a tragic accident in 2007.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any woman who will let a man abuse her children should be put in jail. I never have respected Hunter but anyone who does after hearing this is an IDIOT!

Micheal Tylo should take those children away from her. Or does he whip them too?

• Members

EITHER he is beating up on her and her kids. In which case she is a FOOL who does not deserve custody of her kids for taking him back. Choosing him over her kids' welfare? WTF?

Or she is lying and dragged her kids into this in order to beef up a depostion against him. In which case she is a liar.

Either way, this reflects INCREDIBLY badly on her. She is in the public eye, on a Bell show. She needs to conduct herself with a little more discretion. This isn't an opportunity to raise her media profile.

• Members

This is why when I see in some storylines in soaps (and other dramas)

women taking back men (women) who do the unforgiveable I find it scary

because it helps perpetuate that its "OK" to take back men who do these unforgiveable acts to you. Young people

see this on the screen and think "hey its ok, I love him or her....he can beat up me or my children, cheat on me

abuse is something you just don't bounce back from. Yes, these are dramas and not reality however,

it is good to see once in awhile

when someone is kicked to they curb stay kicked, Her behavior is unacceptable

"Love doesn't Hurt"

• Members

I find it ironic that people on this board and other soap baords are slamming HT, when the many soap stories, as Cyberologist notes, revolve around women being "victims", reforming the "bad boy" aka abuser, kidnapper, rapist, cheater, etc. (OLTL - Todd; AMC - Bianca's rape, etc.) The woman has problems, I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

Archived