OLTL: ABC SID Spoilers & SOD.Com Casting News

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So glad to hear that Jacqueline Hendy (Vanessa Vega) is OUT; don't let the door hit ya! Bye, Bye!!!

I'd rather they bring back RJ AND Lindsay for good and get rid of the whole Vega gang.

So OLTL is pulling a Y&R (Colleen and Prof. Korbel) via Schyler and Starr. I have to admit this would be a little on the creepy side being Starr is a HS student (yes, it happens but still creepy to me). At least Y&R's Colleen was in college when she fell for her professor.

• Members

Says the show......at least the annual Christmas extended credits episode (which the Friday before Christmas last year). TDS was NOT listed in the credits with the contract actors, and I don't believe he was even listed with the recurring characters at the time. Plus, he was removed from the opening credits about 3 or 4 years ago.

And since they already have him on recurring status, I doubt they would give him a contract again just to interact with Rachel and Nora (especially since Hank is only back for a short time).

Could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

• Members

Was Janet the first mother on Fresh Prince? Wasn't she on AMC too, as Adrian's (adopted) mother? I liked that character on AMC.

OLTL has struggled lately with bringing in new characters and bringing old characters back, with the exception of Tea. I'd rather see them keep Layla and build up her ties to the canvas while still bringing Rachel back, but I know you can't have more than a handful of black characters on a soap now.

• Members

What's a shame is that I think TPTB believe Cristian/Fumero is some kind of commodity, but I would just as easily do without him. They have handed Carlotta's diner over to the Bon Jour crew, Antonio's out, Talia's out, Layla's future is questionable with the Gannons resurfacing, and Vanessa is mercifully out. So there is NOTHING left for Cristian, I wish they'd cut him loose. Let Carlo Hesser lock him up in a cage somewhere. PLEASE.

LOL how they've kinda replaced the Vega family with the Montez family, and are replacing Layla with the Gannons (rightfully so).

I'm glad that all the Gannons are popping up again, I hope TPTB show a commitment to this story. I'm assuming Rachel will be a contract character, and Rachel was at her best when torn between her good side (represented by Hank/Nora) and her naughty side (always inadvertently brought out when in proximity to RJ). Rachel is great as a morally gray character, and I'm hoping they give her lots of layers.

This shedding of the weakest part of the canvas, Antonio/Talia/Sarah/Cristian/Vanessa/Layla(?) gives me hope for OLTL. And with this news about Thorsten Kaye's contract stall at AMC, I'm convinced this is a behind the scenes ploy to bring him back to his signature role as Patrick on OLTL. Easily Kaye's most likable role, and he'd still be in ABC's stable of talent, he'd be working with his old buddy Robert S. Woods, and his life partner, Susan Haskell, and Patrick still has ties to Blair (a dead baby between them), Todd (an old rivalry worth re-sparking with St. John) and a relationship to build with Cole. Plus, if Michael Easton contract extension wasn't for long, Patrick would be a welcome replacement for John McBain.

Hm, lose de los Reyes, Bonner, Bolding, Fumero, Hendy, and Sumpter, and maybe eventually Easton, and gain Thorsten Kaye, visits from Hank and RJ, and a new Rachel Gannon? Financially it sounds like OLTL will still save money, and have a sharper, more focused, interwoven canvas to build story on. Win-win situation!

• Members

I wanted Antonio out for many years, but Talia is probably his best relationship since early Andie and he's mellowed to a more tolerable figure. Cristian's a waste of space but he's inoffensive. Now that Antonio and Talia are going, and thankfully Vanessa, Cristian could easily be written out, but I can see where OLTL might want to keep him. I think Gigi/Stacy/Rex are OLTL's weak link now, and then the teens.

I'd rather they write Marty and Cole out than bring Patrick back. Patrick and Marty were only interesting when they first got together. I don't think Marty's been interesting since her return. They also have to tap dance around John, since OLTL still seems to see him as the hero. Perhaps they can have Thorsten return long enough to take Marty and Cole away.

• Members

I think Antonio and Talia could have been interesting, but to do so on a long-term basis they would have needed to return Carlo Hesser to the canvas as a more legitimate threat.

Considering how much everyone at ABC loves Thorsten Kaye, and how Susan Haskell was turning out Emmy-worthy work when she first returned, I can see them using Patrick as the catalyst to bring Marty's memory back, and I feel like they'd definitely make every effort to position Marty and Patrick in a stronger, more rooted position on the canvas. They would promote the hell out of reuniting Marty and Patrick, not just use Kaye as a way to shed an actress who was so heralded at her return. Of Todd/Blair/John/Marty, John is the weak link since he lacks the history and resonance in this quad and could easily be seen as a placeholder for Patrick, who has legitimate ties to all three characters, not to mention Cole. Arguably, Patrick may be the character that could make the whole story work, since the Marty/John connection is the one that's hardest for the audience to buy into. I wouldn't be sorry to see Cole leave the canvas, but they could find ways to facilitate that without losing a highly marketable and talented pair like Kaye & Haskell.

Archived