Soap Actors/Actresses you LOVED on one soap, but then HATED on another

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I HATED Eileen Davidson on Santa Barbara and hated her for the first half of her DAYS run. Then I started to like her when they turned Kristen into a bitch and now I LOVE her as Ashley on Y&R. I understand now why she was cast on SB, though I still think her to be the worst recast of all-time.

I was neither here nor there with Winsor Harmon on AMC, but I immediately LOVED him as B&B's Thorne. Thorne & Brooke forever!

I pretty much hated James Scott on AMC but love him as EJ on DAYS.

That's it for now. Be back when I think of more.

• Members

Robert S Woods is great on OLTL but was pretty boring on Days in the mid/late 80s... it was the writing, not RSW.

Almost the same thing with Lynne Herring... she was great as Lucy on GH but they didn't write a great role for her when she joined Days, and I was happy when she returned to GH.

Genie Francis was decent on Days, but didn't seem to have much chemistry with any of the actors she worked with (cough DRAKE cough)

Scott Clifton was great on GH, but he's not winning me over much as Schulyer... again, I think it's bad writing and a thankless role, but i think Scott could add a little more to the role, too

Sorry to complain; I'll try to think of someone i didn't like on one show but who wowed me on another

• Members

Okay, I didn't see her Y&R run, but I'll throw this out because so many hated her GL run... Signy Coleman. Great as Y&R's Hope, but rancid as post-plastic surgery Annie Dutton.

More recently, I didn't care for Tamara Braun at all as Ava (was that her name?) on DAYS but love her as Reese on AMC. I think the writing and storyline on DAYS for her was just bad all around.

• Members

Tamara Braun. Popular on GH and somewhat popular on DAYS, loathed at AMC. The wretched writing doesn't help, but she's also exposed all her limitations as an actress.

I don't think RPG or BE are "hated", but they're nowhere near as popular at AMC as they were at GL.

I loved Hillary Edson as Eve on GL, but I just despised smug Stacey Winthrop at AW. Hate hate hate hate.

I liked Marcy Walker on AMC and Santa Barbara, but she was all wrong at GL. The writing was just terrible, as were most of her romances, and by the time she finally settled in she was already leaving.

Krista Tesreau -- very good at GL, bad writing did her in at OLTL

• Members

Hated Lesli Kaye on ATWT (I came on when she was in that piss poor pairing with nuMike), but loved her as Lois. She was a fine recast in my eyes. I hated how she was so quickly forgotten. Especially since she actually had chemistry with Wally and Jed. For a brief moment, Guza actually wrote for the Qs. He must have been sick that week, because he sure got over that fast.

On that same note, loved Christina Chambers on SuBe, hated her on ATWT. Poor Jon Hensely, he really showed how much the writers were holding him down last week when he got those awesome scenes with Luke last year.

Jack Wagner, love Frisco to this day, despise Nick. I started watching B&B frequently when Sarah Buxton first joined. I think the Morones have done nothing but erode the canvas.

• Members

Crystal Chappel- Loved her on Days as Carly, love her (at times) as Olivia on GL, hated Maggie on OLTL. No fault of hers though.

Gloria on Y&R- HATE HER! Loved her on GH when I was a kid as Ginny.

Put me down for Kelly Monaco. I really liked her on PC, but I just can't stand Sam. The shock is that when PC was still on, Guza and his team were writing better stuff on GH! Now he sucks!

Jacob Young- Did not like him as Lucky at all, but I do enjoy him as JR on AMC.

Jensen Buchanan- Loved her as Sarah on OLTL, loved her on AW, hated her on GH. Same with Roy. Great on SB, awful on GH.

• Members

Marcy Walker - love on AMC & SB - hated on GL.

James Scott - loved on AMC - hate on Days (only time I liked him was when he first came on)

Kirsten STorms - hated on Days - love on GH

Farah Fath - hated on Days - loved on OLTL

Judith Chapman - loved on GH, ATWT, & Y&R - hated when she was on Days

Jane Elliot - loved on everything she had done - hated her on AMC

Lesli Kay - loved on ATWT & GH - do not like her at all on B&B

A Martinez - have loved him on everything but GH

Kathryn Hays - terrible when she was on GL but love her on ATWT

Elaine Princi - was wonderful in her first stint on Days and all her other roles - hated her on Days as Linda Anderson (totally wrong for the role)

Jack Wagner - hated him as Frisco and not too fond of him on B&B but loved him as Warren on SB

John Bolger - loved all he has done except for when he was cast as Phillip on GL - hated him on there

may think of others later

• Members

I'm the total opposite of you when it comes to Amber! Seriously how could anyone stand her on B&B!?!? All I remember was that she lied constantly. Like there was no tomorrow.

And now that she's on Y&R it's like AF has both improved dramatically as an actress and the character is finally coming into her own.

I HEART AMBER! The girl is rocking it out in Genoa City and I hope she stays there forever. I never want Amber to go back to B&B.

Archived