AMC: February 13th, 2009

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think he lost steam, they just stopped writing for him. For characters who lost steam, I would go with JR, Ryan, Tad, who've had frontburner stories for years but have still been eroded into dust.

Annie's probably not going to get better with the current male lineup. Tad will destroy her. Zach will destroy her. David will destroy her. Ryan already destroyed her. JR will never love anyone but Babe. Aidan's her best bet, at least until they get hit by the same stupidity which drags every other story down, and I think they have more chemistry than any other couples on the show now.

• Members

Aidan is completel generic and his character lacks substance. His personality changes to suit the story and he's very inconsistent. He has no strong ties to the show and I dont see any reason why he's even still in PV. AT isnt the strongest actor here either. I just dont see anything about this character worth developing when they could just dump him and bring back a more established character in his place who could fit a similar mold but with actual history and connections to the town and the people.

Annie doesnt need a man right now, consdering all the mess she's been in the pst year. She needs to focus on recuperating and getting herself together while being a good mother and rebuilding her life. When they do decide to give her someone, I hope its not Aidan. Out of the guys on the show, Jake might have potential considering he's floating around with no story. Id have to see them first though. Heck Id ake her with Petey first over Aidan. At least they had some chemistry whereas I see zilch with Aidan

• Members

I think AT has done a good job in this story. He's a better actor than CM at this point. I don't think Aidan's personality has changed, they just haven't needed to give him a personality for most of his stories. The current story harks back to some of what Aidan was when he first started on AMC.

Jake is another character who likes to grind women down. I'd rather they focus on fixing what makes the RPG Jake so unappealing before he gets a relationship. I'd rather they give Petey any storyline besides mooning over Colby before he gets a big relationship with someone as damaged as Annie. He's a good character but they haven't developed him.

Ideally Annie wouldn't need a man, but AMC's not going to have a story where a woman fixes her own life. Of the options she has, I think Aidan is the best fit. Otherwise it's going to be straight back to Ryan, obsessing over him, being used as a foil for him and whoever comes into his life once Greenlee's gone.

• Members

LMAO the look on Ryan's face when he saw Annie, I was rolling :lol:

I also cracked up seeing Greenlee on a motorcycle wearing her wedding gown and veil, that scene was so hilarious :lol:

Nah they'll just go back to Ryannie and Aidan/Annie like Aidan/Greenlee will be decimated for Ryan. IMO Annie isn't over Ryan and probably never will be. She pretty much said she killed Richie to keep Ryan.........

• Members

Im uspet that Kendall caused her to swerve off the road. I really thought she was going to hit her!

I used to love them but at this put I dont think I even care anymore. Ryan/Annie were such a good couple but they ruined that for putting him back with Greenlee, which was beyond nauseating this last time

• Members

If Pratt loves MCE as much as he claims then he'll keep her from Ryan, but what would this show be without endless propping for Ryan and his fellow neanderthals. Ryan isn't as awful now as he was when McT and B&E were writing, but I still don't want him near Annie.

• Members

Me too... but...

I have to admit this episode was entertaining. I am, in no way, a Rebecca Taylor Fan. I want her gone. But the episode was well structured and scripted.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. (Or, maybe Agnes wrote this entire episode and refused to take credit for it :lol: )

Oh -- and remember... that person is only known as "the writer."

I agree. MCE sold it, in my opinion. You can tell Annie found comfort in Aidan's arms. She felt safe.

That's how I feel. Overall, a very good episode, in my opinion. All of the anticipation leading up to this episode paid off. I didn't feel like I was robbed -- again, almost felt that way when I saw Rebecca Taylor wrote this episode, but still, even that wasn't able to ruin it for me.

• Members

Wow - I just watched Thursday and Friday's episodes together - and they were GREAT.

I loved how the storylines (Rinks Wedding, Zendall and Greenlee driving, Aiden/Annie/Ryan) all worked together - great structure to Friday's show.

I'm really liking this Kendall. The bitch is back - and in a good way. She isn't annoying, she's subtle and in charge. Her bitch face expressions during her toast were so 2000-Kendall.

Ok it's obvious the sets are Wildwind and Stuart's gallery - but at least they added some rock and made it look a little winter cabin/cottage-ish.

I'm just really impressed with what I saw. I had read the previews, and I even saw the minute long promo which I previously thought ruined the entire thing for me....but I ended up still really enjoying the show and was still surprised at how it all went down. That's pretty impressive to me. Kudos to AMC - they put some effort behind this.

We'll see how next week plays out...

Archived