AMC: Actress out!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's up with Nelson and his Susan Lucci bashing in that article? He mentions another paycut for her and quotes one of his sources saying, she's been a bitch lately and then at the end of the article he says that Jeanne Cooper is the recipient of AMEE award and that it's not that prestigious since Lucci has won it before.

Last week he was praising Lucci for her Sophie's choice storyline, and this week he's completely against her.

Guest dc cubs

Nelson is not the most reliable person but I do believe Eden is leaving shortly. I do question whether TB will leave with her or stay on.

As said, Eden has been treated horribly by AMC her last two returns. First it was the Zoe fiasco. Now in the Rinks storyline it is all about Reese. Bianca is background in what is supposed to be her own storyline. Why would she want to stay on. Let her go back to CA and concentrate on her web show, Imaginary Bitches.

Eden is not participating in the Broadway Cares show in NY on March 9th. That was a big clue to me that she was not long for AMC. For as long as Broadway cares has been running Eden has done the show if she has been with AMC and in NY at the time.

As far as the soap mags not announcing this yet, they could be holding off on request from AMC until after the wedding. I know the first time Eden left AMC the mags knew long before it was announced and held the story.

• Members

It would be unbelievable if she ever came back again. They ruined her character, the story was about Reese (and a man) after TB's first week or two on. She really didn't need to come back at all. If she ever comes back again, I'm just going to just call her greedy for a paycheck.

They don't have the balls (I'd like to think). You don't fire SL. You don't threaten to fire SL. AMC is SL. SL is AMC.

• Members

I don't think they would fire her but I think that they would try to offer her less when her contact expires, thus forcing her to seriously consider leaving.

And I don't doubt that Lucci is pissed that people know that her pay was reduced. I would be too. Paycuts = loss of power. Anytime you show that you are vulnerable, people will take advantage of you. Now whenever she has any sort of a side project she wants to launch, people are going to question whether or not she's worth it. They'll say, "Well ABC just cut your pay, why should we pay you X amount for this project?"

As another poster pointed out here (I believe it was Daytime Fan), Lucci has made ABC millions of dollars over the years, and now this is how they're going to treat her?

Maybe this is all untrue and I'm just getting worked up over nothing. But hearing anything like this stresses me out! :angry:

• Members

I'm not surprised Eden won't stay longer. She basically only returned as a favor to AM and because she was promised a groundbreaking storyline. AM is back and the storyline isn't what it might've been to say the least. If TB is sticking around - and that's a BIG if AFAIC - I think it would only be for another month or two.

Archived