AMC: Actress out!

• Members

Well if SL leaves I leave, because I can't even stomach amc right now unless she is on. Don't like any of the couplings or storylines, the only storyline that had potential was Adica and I guess that was scrapped. ABC is wrong to do this to SL, she has been loyal to them for 30 plus years, couldn't they fire some useless characters such as aidan, annie, dr sinclair instead of making susan take yet another paycut??? If its true. If SL decides to leave I secretly want her on Y&R alongside eric braden, I think they would be good together.imo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be great but susan has too much class for that. I could see her going on Oprah and telling her side to a few soap mags, but I really don't see her doing a media blitz. Susan is a very private person and that would put her in all the major headlines if she did that. Plus she would be ruining her career if she did that, you sue a network you get blackballed, just ask Michael Nader.

• Members

Agreed! Recast her with Lindsay Hartley NOW. I so wish for the Hartleys to be a power couple in Hollywood.

What are they gonna do with Reese without Bianca? If Bianca and Reese don't end up happily together, this ENTIRE storyline of hoops and stupid Zach and Reese crap will be for NOTHING and it will be a joke of a return for Bianca and Reese will be a waste of existence entirely. Which means they better not have Reese chase after Zach and have Bianca leave town crushed.

• Members

Susan's got class, I agree with that...but you [!@#$%^&*] with Susan Lucci and it's on. She didn't become the icon she is today by accident. She is a driven, smart, feisty and tough woman. She is a private person when it comes to her private life...but her public life? She's on the town several times a week, she parties with the whose who of New York entertainment. In New York she's 'crossed over' from daytime to just being a big 'ol star.

And she would not be ruining her career. She IS her career. Susan Lucci is in the business of Susan Lucci. She sells herself...her empire on HSN is built on her brand. Erica Kane is hers. Agnes created the character, Susan brought her to life and made her matter. She is the *only* soap actor who is bigger than their character/show. She IS Erica Kane, Erica Kane IS Susan Lucci.

I can guarantee you that she would do a media blitz. No questions asked, if she were forced out of AMC it would be brutal. Granted, she'd absolutely be blacklisted at ABC, but what does she care? Boo Hoo can't do 20/20, The View or Regis & Kelly or Jimmy Kimmel. Big deal. Michael Nader is not even in the same universe as Susan Lucci, plus he admitted to a drug problem which basically blew his credibility to smithereens. Furthermore, I could see Susan get a gig with the Bells, if she wanted to keep doing daytime (which I doubt she would, it's AMC or nothing since it's been her show for nearing 40 years)...Susan Lucci has many friends in the business, on both coasts. She'd be a smashing good time on B&B. If Susan Flannery really wants to retire, Susan Lucci to the rescue...

As much as Susan has been a 'corporate girl' for the House of Mouse that loyalty only goes so far. Even if she resisted going on the attack at ABC, her husband, Helmet Huber, would be the first one to phone the lawyers and Page Six (plus Cindy Adam and Liz Smith)...it'd be nasty, it'd be epic, it'd be very Erica Kane

• Members

If this were true, why didn't he raise hell when they cut susan's paycheck by 40%, which is why I don't think he will do it either. Isn't he her agent? If my agent came to me and said you have to get a 40% pay cut, he would get fired.imo Love susan to death, but I just don't see her raising hell. Cameron mathison didn't have a 40% paycut, and even said he would leave if they tried that with him, thats very telling on where abc loyalties lie. I think SL better start raising hell or her paycheck will be cut by 60% and will go lower and lower and if she decides to leave they will try put it all on her.

• Members

Susan Lucci is a team player. She wants AMC to survive. Taking a pay cut probably helped keep the show from cancellation, or further drastic budget cuts, and also got her good publicity (I'm sure she remembers the backlash Kim Zimmer faced after she didn't take a paycut).

I don't think Susan Lucci will go on the talk show circuit if they dump her, because she won't have to. She'll have plenty of work elsewhere and people will feel sorry for her without her having to spend too much time drumming up sympathy.

• Members

Well I still think that 40% is way too much of a paycut, since the show is in so much trouble money-wise everybody should of took a paycut, not just a handful of people. Susan supposedly made 1.3 million a year, thats 500,000 plus that she lost in income because of that 40% paycut.

• Members

I'd be fascinated to see what would happen if AMC fired/forced out SL. (Before anybody jumps on me I'm not saying I want that. I just think it would be an interesting scenario.)

Would she do a media blitz like Daytime Fan suggests? Would she find some edgy role in a movie or TV show something that is the total opposite of Erica Kane? Maybe something on the stage even? She'd be a great "get" for a Broadway show. That would only get her more attention. And, yup, Oprah's a big fan. She also just signed a development deal with HBO after leaving ABC. I can see an Oprah Winfrey Presents movie with SuLu all over it. Or would she start her own production company a la Harpo? She is a business woman after all. I think Susan would turn any exit from the show into mad bank.

But at the same time she'd be going up against Disney. And the Mouse don't play.

It would be a soap in and of itself.

• Members

Here's the deal with her pay cut. Yes, it was hefty...but Susan stopped doing AMC for the money 10 years ago. She's rich, her work with QVC and now HSN has made her financially secure and independent. Yes, a 7 figure salary is always nice and she deserves it, she's made ABC hundreds of millions over the years, but Susan's love for AMC is why she's still there after all these years.

She's not in most actor's position, she doesn't have to work. AMC could pay her 10 bucks a year and she'd still be there. It's her life's work, it's important to her.

If she was forced out/fired/contract not renewed she would absolutely go apeshit. I think Brian Frons and perhaps even Bob Iger think that Susan would leave politely and with dignity. Wrong. Very wrong. If they fire her, it will be a blood bath. The only reason to fire Susan Lucci is to see AMC canceled.

It's a ridiculous, disgusting situation.

• Members

If La Lucci leaves AMC, I could see her doing guest starring roles on some primetime shows. I could see her doing a stint on Desperate Housewives. Yes, I know it's an ABC show, but strange things like this always happen.

I would love for her to go back to doing some of those TV movies she was known for in the 80's and '90s. The broadcast networks don't seem to have a place for them. But maybe a TV movie for Lifetime or Hallmark a la Genie Francis in The Note.

• Members

The whole thing above is super scary. Don't ever believe that your couple is that safe. It is a soap and anything can happen. While I like Zach & Kendall a long time ago, I moved on. I think part of the problem for me is that SOME of their fan base is to extreme. They literally took the show way to seriously. I like the show as a whole, not just because of one couple. I am so sorry for the ones that do watch for that one couple.

Before some Zen fans attack me, I have meant some great ones on the boards that I consider my cyber friends.

Archived