Guiding Light: Countdown to Phillip's return!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was bad...and I'm trying to be nice because I don't want to see the Light go off.

The wedding.....LOL

The explosion...it looked like someone could have gotten hurt.

Phillip at the grave site in a hoodie...

I still want to watch, but not because of that promo.

• Members

"Phillip Happens Here"

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!

And why does Beth look like a petrified teenager? Beth is damn near 50 years old and hasn't she been married to Alan before? And I love how they're getting married in this huge church with no one in attendance. Okay.

Now let's see how they set that explosion to the latest in Top 40 Adult Contemporary. They'll start playing [!@#$%^&*] Michael Buble as Coop dies.

• Members
It's a play off of the show's promotional tagline "Life happens here", that's all.

Because presumably Alan could hurt her and the Coopers after he found out about her and Coop. Alan Spaulding is a powerful and dangerous (he had Tammy killed) man, and fear of him has nothing to do with age.

Not sure what is going to happen story-wise, but why is it ridiculous that there would be no guests showing up for a sham marriage that someone is forced into under duress? I see Lillian and Rick there to support Beth, that seems about right. Alan can invite the whole town, but no one else should be there under these coercive circumstances.

• Members

I got that, my point is that it's stupid. And it still doesn't really mean anything.

Yeah, I know they turned Alan into a cartoon villain a few years ago. But Beth has been through Alan's revenge plots a few hundred times by now, it's old and tired, like him and her.

I suppose you're right. But it just makes me think that GL has found another way to not pay actors or extras.

Archived