GH: Friday, January 2, 2009

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Silly introduction of characters and episodes used only as filler! I've said it before, GH clearly will never be the SOAP that it used to be so if Guza is going to portray it as more of a CRIME DRAMA then go ahead and do it, but do it properly and cleverly and make sure it's interesting. Guza already takes inspiration from THE SOPRANOS, why not borrow some inspiration from LAW & ORDER and various other crime shows while still throwing in a few soapy elements. Ironically, it just seems to me that when episodes are not mob-based, the episodes are pointless and stupid!

• Members

I have literally fallen off the chair laughing when I saw that there was only one reply. :lol: It is so tragic, the utter destruction of this once glorious soap... Yet all I can do is laugh at how hilariously clueless Frons and Co. are.

• Members

This is somewhat true! But the problem is that they've played up the mob so much that anything else that's not so much related to it seems out of place. But again, I think it's not so much about the mob, but more about not having enough creativity with it. GH is now a crime drama, pure and simple! I just think that if Guza is going to portray it this way then he should be more creative in doing so. And he doesn't only have to rely on mob stuff to make this happen.

• Members

I SO agree.

Crime dramas are not this predictable...we all know the great Sonny and Jason will never die. Its those other people who are at risk... you know vets & old family connections..oh yeah, and the ones who have already died.*cough*Diego*cough*

My poor poor GH.....I can't bear to tune in anymore.

• Members

GH can never be a true mob drama because mobsters are ugly nasty creatures who sell drugs and kill people. Guza will never write his beloved Jason and Sonny that way.

I do enjoy the little non-mob drama on GH which is basically Robin and Patrick at the hospital. However, they barely get any airtime. Yet this makes it easy to watch them on youtube.

Archived